Cakes are considered one of the handiest items to serve with tea. People tend to enjoy cakes a lot more than any other sweet items. It is believed that the origins of tea cakes are from China and Central Asia. In this article we will share with you almond tea cake recipethat you would have never tried before.
Almond Tea Cake Recipe
- 1.5 Cup Almonds. (blanched, sliced, and toasted)
- ¾ Cup Flour.
- ¾ tsp Salt.
- ¼ tsp Baking powder.
- ⅛ tsp Baking soda.
- 4 Eggs.
- 1.5 Cup Sugar (+2 tsp)
- 1 tbsp Lemon zest. (+1 tsp)
- ¾ tsp Almond extract.
- 5 tbsp Butter (melted)
- ⅓ Cup Vegetable oil.
- In a pan, toast the almonds slightly until they appear golden brown. Then place these almonds along with flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda into your food processor and grind them until it is fine. This could take up to 8 to 10 pulses. Set these aside in a separate bowl.
- Put in the eggs, lemon zest, almond extract, and sugar into your food processor and beat lightly until it is fluffy.
- With the food processor on, slowly put in melted butter and vegetable oil, after which you add in the other mixture and beat it together for a couple more minutes.
- Line your cake pan with oil and parchment paper, and then add in the mixture. Sprinkle the almonds on top and garnish it lightly with sugar and lemon zest.
- Bake the cake for 55 to 65 minutes and then run a knife to check if it’s done.
- Once it's baked, line it up on the rack and wait for it to cool.
Your almond tea cake is ready to be sliced and devoured.
How many calories are in Almond Tea Cake?
The ingredients you put into an almond tea cake generally dictates the number of calories each serving has but a regular-sized tea cake that serves up to 12 people is considered to have a calorie intake of approximately 330 kcal.
What is the best low-carb tea cake?
With so many recipes floating on the internet, there are many options available to bake a low-carb tea cake. But on any day, almond tea cakes are generally believed to have great taste as well as it’s a comparatively healthier version of cake.
How do I store this Almond Tea Cake?
Cake’s storage is easy. You can store the batter and the final baked version of the cake in the freezer for up to six months. While it may give a somewhat old tinge to the overall flavor, it is pertinent to note that it is still worth to freeze, especially if you are busy and may not find the time to bake it again. In addition, a simple slice with tea every day out of the freezer and into the microwave will add delight to your tea time.
Tips for making the best Almond Tea Cake
Many people find it very difficult to bake tea cakes, which is particularly because of the correct use of oven and setting its temperature, due to which cakes are mostly left overcooked or undercooked. For this purpose, it is important to understand that you must follow the recipe to the core. Use the exact temperature mentioned in this recipe and you can bake a perfect cake. Similarly, every ingredient stated should be put in the same quantity as mentioned to reach to the desired deliciousness. When taking the cake out of the oven, use a butter knife and poke the cake to test if it is baked properly. If it comes out wet, put the cake back into the oven for a few more minutes.
Is it easy to bake a tea cake?
Teacakes are generally not a very difficult item to bake. This is because the recipes are straightforward, and you do not need to cater to many technicalities. However, for people who are still new to baking, it may seem daunting but let your worries dissipate because the method we have in store for you is practical, convenient, and quite honestly one of the easiest around.