Almond tuile cookie is an elegant, beautiful French cookie. With just a few simple ingredients, you can easily and quickly make these crunchy, almond cookies. Tuile cookies are perfect for every day as well as for the holidays. You can combine them with chocolate, candied fruit, ice cream, various toppings, but they are just as great on their own.
Almond tuile cookie
- 300 g almonds
- 8 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 egg whites
- 4 tbsp flour 00
- Chocolate chips
- In a large bowl add 2 egg whites, start whipping the egg whites with an electric mixer, add the sugar little by little and continue to mix until all the sugar is used up. When you get a fine, firm egg whites, add the softened and cooled butter and using a whisk, combine until light and fluffy.
- Now add in 2 tbsp all purpose flour, whisk until smooth and fluffy.
- Add almond flakes. Mix everything together.
- Line a baking tin with parchment paper.
- Take one tbsp of the tuile mixture and arrange on the mold, leaving space between the cookies.
- Sprinkle cookies with chocolate chips.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C.
- Bake until golden & crisp about 15 minutes.
Almond tuile cookie introduction
Tuiles are thin, delicate cookies made of fine egg whites and almonds, and in this recipe I added a few chocolate chips to each cookie. They smell so good and taste great. The best thing is that the preparation does not require any special baking equipment or extensive baking experience.
The proteins that egg whites are rich in are very important for building muscle, so regular consumption of egg whites can help build muscle mass and against fatigue. It is also good for improving immunity.
Protein is great for food preparation because of its many benefits, protein is rich in calcium, and calcium-rich foods are known to benefit bone health. If you include egg whites in your diet, you will reduce the risk of fractures and osteoporosis, and preserve bone density.
Did you know that eggs have collagen in the membrane between the contents of the egg and the shell, which protects the egg. This membrane is a great face mask. Numerous tests have proven that it acts as a protection against UV radiation and helps the skin retain moisture. On the other hand, proteins and collagen, which eggs contain, help protect the skin from sun damage.
Protein maintains optimal electrolyte levels. Potassium is equally important for maintaining the levels of important electrolytes, which are important for a healthy heart and muscles. Electrolytes also help protect cells and maintain fluid balance around them, thus helping to maintain normal blood pressure levels. In short, electrolytes are associated with potassium. Although we need a lot more electrolytes than 54 milligrams, as much as one protein contains, it is certainly a good source.
Egg white is very easy to make, but with a few simple steps.
Sham of large volume is best prepared from eggs that are at least 3, 4 days old. Older eggs are easier to break into foam, the foam has a larger volume, but it is also easier to drop. If the volume of the sham is more important to you than the stability of the foam, use older eggs. For stronger sham, use as fresh eggs as possible.
Avoid preparing shams when the humidity is high, because the humidity will affect the foam bubbles.
Separation of eggs. Cold eggs are easier to separate from those that are at room temperature, because the whites are firmer. Be very careful when separating egg whites and yolks. If there are even a few egg yolks left in the egg whites, the sham will not peel nicely.
After separating the eggs, let them reach room temperature, so the sham will reach a great volume when beating. After removing from the fridge and separating the egg whites and yolks, wait about 30 minutes before preparing the sham. Thus, the egg whites will reach 6 to 8 times the volume.
Dishes and utensils. Copper dishes, stainless steel or glass dishes are best for preparing egg whites. Avoid plastic dishes as they can often contain traces of oil that can cause egg whites to whisk into a firm sham. The most important thing is that the dishes and utensils are perfectly clean and dry. Sham is very sensitive and does not react well to moisture and dirt.
If you do not stir the egg whites by hand but with a mixer, do so by gradually increasing the speed.
Sugar supplement. Do not add sugar before you start whipping the egg whites, as this will double the time it takes to prepare the egg whites. You can add sugar gradually only when foam is formed. The amount of sugar determines how firm the sham will be.
When you start to stir the sham, do not take breaks in the middle of the preparation.
Super tip: By adding a little vinegar or lemon juice when preparing the sham, the foam will have a larger volume and will be firmer. Approximately 1/8 teaspoon of vinegar is added to one egg. These fine almond cookies are also very popular in Vietnam. It is undeniable that there are many French influences on their food in Vietnam. Most bakeries in Vietnam are in the French style and sell a variety of French pastries and cakes.
- Want a homemade recipe that is super sweet and easy to prepare? Try this Almond meringue cookies recipe
- This Almond dacquoise cake is slightly crispy on the outside, and very soft, and a bit chewy from the inside, just like a sponge cake!
- Try this Almond meringue cookies recipe. They are crunchy, delicious and gluten-free!
- I love this vegan almond ice-cream because you need only a few ingredients to make it.
- Healthy vegan cavatappi pasta with tomatoes and spinach.
- The sauce, aroma, and flavor of this creamy curry penne pasta will brighten your mood.
- With this brown rice quinoa recipe, you can have a healthy and light meal without sacrificing nutrients and taste.
- Making this brown rice pasta with broccoli and kale is super easy, you can get it ready in a few minutes with easy instructions.
- Get creative with vegan brown rice crackers, vegan coconut ice-cream and vegan frozen raspberries yogurt bars.