Almond tuile are light, crunchy and thin French cookies known for their distinctive rounded shape, which is obtained by placing the tuile on a rounded object, such as a rolling pin or a bottle of wine, as soon as they come out of the oven and leave to cool.
- 3 cups almonds
- 5 egg whites
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 1/2 tbsp melted butter
- 1/4 cup flour 00
- Raspberries and mint
- Ina deeper, dry, glass bowl, add the egg whites and begin to whisk them with an electric mixer on medium speed, then gradually add the sugar and continue to whisk at a higher speed. You have the perfect egg white snow when it becomes creamy and shiny.
- Add melted, cooled butter to the egg whites and mix with the wire
- Mix the chopped almonds and flour, then add to the egg white mixture.
- Mix everything with a wire or spatula. Cover the mixture with cling film and leave in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Cut the baking paper into pieces, then pour one tbsp of the tuile mixture on each paper and arrange as thinly as possible in an oval shape. Arrange the papers on a baking sheet.
- Preheat the oven to 175 ° C (350F). Bake for about 10-12 minutes or until evenly golden.
- Remove the tuils and immediately place them on a rolling pin or bottle of wine to give them a curved shape.
- Allow the tuiles to cool on a baking sheet, then immediately transfer them to an airtight container. Any moisture in the air will make the tuiles soft and soaked.
- Tuile go great with ice cream or fruit.
Almond tuile introduction
Tuiles are easy to prepare, they taste great and go well with any dessert, and they are great on their own as a snack. In the quick recipe I was preparing, I served the tuile with ice cream and almond topping, which is a really perfect combination.
All you have to do is mix the 5 ingredients, spoon the dough onto a baking sheet and then arrange the dough in a nice thin oval shape before baking.
The key here is to be fast! You will be able to bend the almond tuile as long as it is warm, when it cools it will lose its flexibility and become firm. If you are worried that the almond tuils are cooling too fast and difficult to shape, you can take them out of the oven one by one and leave the rest in the oven so that they remain pliable. It is important to turn off the oven while doing this though! Be careful not to overcook or burn them. Good tulles are golden tulles.
- Want a homemade recipe that is super sweet and easy to prepare? Try this Almond meringue cookies recipe
- This Almond dacquoise cake is slightly crispy on the outside, and very soft, and a bit chewy from the inside, just like a sponge cake!
- Try this Almond meringue cookies recipe. They are crunchy, delicious and gluten-free!
- I love this vegan almond ice-cream because you need only a few ingredients to make it.
- Healthy vegan cavatappi pasta with tomatoes and spinach.
- The sauce, aroma, and flavor of this creamy curry penne pasta will brighten your mood.
- With this brown rice quinoa recipe, you can have a healthy and light meal without sacrificing nutrients and taste.
- Making this brown rice pasta with broccoli and kale is super easy, you can get it ready in a few minutes with easy instructions.
- Get creative with vegan brown rice crackers, vegan coconut ice-cream and vegan frozen raspberries yogurt bars.