An Apple a day keeps the doctor away, combining it with Salmon serves as a cherry to the cake.
Salmon and Apple are both nutrient-rich entities that not only ensure health but are delightful to taste buds as well.
This Apple Salmon is an escape from this bitter world. Good food can change your bad mood.
Apple Salmon Recipe
- 300 gram Salmon Fillet
- 1 Lemon
- Chives to taste
- Garlic Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Olive oil to drizzle
- 1 tbsp Margarine
- 2 Apples
- 1 tbsp Brown Sugar
- DE refrigerate the Salmon and then marinate it using salt, lemon juice, and pepper. Leave it for a minimum time of 30 minutes.
- Take a skillet and drizzle olive oil, and heat it medium to low flame for 2 minutes. Add the salmon fillet when it starts to melt and fry it. Now add 1 tbsp. Of margarine and let it thaw.
- Fry the fillet from both sides until it turns golden brown. It will take approximately 6 to 8 minutes to get both sides of your fillet fried.
- Take apples and wash them thoroughly using warm water and then pat dry with tissue or towel. Peel, seed should be removed, and then chop the apple for caramelizing.
- Add the brown sugar and apples to the skillet and sprinkle a bit of water so that it doesn't get dried. Cover it with a lid so the brown sugar melts. Keep stirring while caramelizing the apples.
- Dish out the Salmon and apple and sprinkle with chives. Relish.
Health Benefits of Apple
- Apple is a significant fruit that is packed with nutrition, including vitamins, fibers, and minerals. It consists of antioxidants that work against the needless free radicles produced in our bodies. The soluble fiber in apples reduces heart risk by controlling cholesterol levels, and epicatechin- a polyphenol- lessens blood pressure.
- The pectin acts as a prebiotic and enhances the growth of gut-friendly bacteria. Above all, it prevents cancer and lowers the risk by a meaningful amount.
Health Benefits of Salmon
- Salmon is a healthy choice that one needs to incorporate into the diet for sure. It is rich in Fatty Acid called Omega-3, which helps to prevent sudden cardiac arrest. Together with potassium, omega-3, and omega-6, maintain the blood cholesterol level and blood pressure, reducing the risk of Artery inflammation. Besides FA, Salmon also homes various proteins that extremely beneficial for health. These are good for your knee and helps to reduce weight to a great deal.
- Salmon is a super source of Vitamins, especially Vitamin B. It contains thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, pantothenic acid, folic acid, along with vitamin B6 and B12.
- The presence of Selenium – a trace element- makes the Salmon a gold diet. Selenium is useful for various reasons, including protecting bones and reducing the thyroid antibodies in persons with an autoimmune disease.
Calorie Count of Apple Salmon Recipe
Caramelized Apple Salmon Pie provides 428 rich and healthy calories. It contains 36 grams of carbohydrates, 20 grams of fats. Out of these fats, 3 grams are saturated fats, and 65 mg is contributed by cholesterol. Also, it has proteins, which make up to 30 grams. Last but not least, sodium is 218 milligrams.
Why Do You Need to Make Apple Salmon Recipe?
This tantalizing dish is an mixture of sweet and sour taste. The tint of lemon gives it sour, yet brown sugar neutralizes it and gives the pleasure of caramel flavor. The Apple Salmon recipe melts in your mouth like cotton candy, and the taste will take you beyond this world. The joy of having this delightful recipe is just too good to be captured in words. Present this tempting dish on a special occasion or for special guests and gather the compliments.
Also, people on a diet can eat Apple Salmon (just cut the brown sugar and use honey as a substitute).
Homemade Apple Salmon Ingredients
- Red Apples
- Lemon Juice
- Brown Sugar
- Garlic salt
How to make delicious Caramelized Apple Salmon?
- Season, the Salmon
Commence the recipe by marinating the Salmon. A well-seasoned salmon is a key to make a tender dish. Rub the fish fillet with lemon juice, pepper, and salt, zip it in a zip lock bag. Leave it for some time. If you want a full-flavored salmon, then leave it overnight.
- Sauté the Salmon
Now remove the Salmon from the zip lock. To fry the fish, take olive oil in a skillet and heat for 1 to minutes on medium to low heat. Then add 1 tbsp. Of butter for frying purposes. You can also use the substitute for butter, and that is margarine.
Margarine is a processed food manufactured from vegetable oil that lessens the risk of bad cholesterol. Olive oil and margarine are recommended for heart patients as these are better options instead of butter and saturated fat.
Stir fry the Salmon from both sides until it is soft and tender and starts turning golden brown. It is your choice; if you want to go for a darker tone, then fry for a further 1 to 2 minutes.
- Caramelize the Apple
Rinse the apple with lukewarm water and dry them using a paper towel. Then peel them deliberately using a fine peeler. Deseed it and slice it into fine pieces. Then take a skillet and add apple along with brown sugar. Add a little water (a very minute quantity) so that the apple gets caramelize easily. Keep it on low heat so that brown sugar melts completely and you get an adequately caramelized apple.
- Garnish and Serve the Apple Salmon Recipe
Take a platter and dish out Salmon and apple together. You can pour honey on the top to get a sweeter test. Sprinkle chives and enjoy the Salmon with your loved ones.
- Calories: 428
- Total Fats: 20 grams
- Saturated Fats: 3.1 grams
- Cholesterol: 65 mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 36.2 grams
- Proteins: 30.3 grams
This Apple and Salmon combination serves as a duo of taste and health. So, don’t wait and allow your body to be delighted by its divine taste and nutrients it provides. Try it out today.