Creamy Spinach is one of my most favorite sides that I love to make and have with my fancy dinner. It is mouth-watering; so creamy and flavorful. Asiago Creamy Spinach Recipe may sound too much of something but once you know what it is, you are going to love it.
To give a little twist to the creamy Spinach, I am going to add a little bit of Asiago Cheese to make it taste even better. This easy-to-make recipe can feed 8-10 people. It is usually served as a side and can be paired with ANY of your favorite dishes such as Irish Smoked Salmon, Valerie Bertinelli Salmon, or Almond Milk, Mac, and Cheese.
Asiago Creamy Spinach Recipe
- 10 oz Boxes of frozen Spinach. Cooked properly and water poured out.
- 2 tsp Garlic, minced.
- 2 cups Heavy cream.
- ½ stick Butter.
- 2 tbsp Onion, minced.
- 8 oz Asiago cheese, grated.
- 6 oz Parmesan, grated.
- 4 oz Cream Cheese.
- ½ cup Cup of Chicken Stock.
- Use a large, deep pan on low flame, pour some olive oil (we prefer Vito and Joe’s extra virgin olive oil) in the pan, and then put the chicken stock. Let the mixture boil.
- Simultaneously, in another pan, melt some butter, add onions and garlic. Wait till the onions get translucent and the garlic turns into a golden brown color.
- I use chopped spinach but if you are using fresh spinach then roughly chop it and put it in the chicken stock mixture. Cover the pan for 3-4 minutes and then uncover it. Stir the mixture.
- Lower the flame and continue to cook the spinach for another 5-7 till you see the spinach cooking properly.
- Once the garlic turns into golden brown color and onions are translucent, add asiago cheese, cream cheese, and parmesan into the pan. Make sure the flame is low, continue to cook. Add some salt and pepper, according to your taste. Cook till the sauce is thick.
- Once the spinach is cooked, drain it properly so that there is no moisture left as it will not give the same texture when being served. As the Spinach is drained properly, add the spinach to the sauce.
- Cook the dish for another 2-3 minutes until it cooks down and the sauce is thickened.
- Enjoy the delicious dish.
How Many Calories Does Asiago Creamy Spinach Recipe Contain?
As the recipe includes cheese in it, the calorie intake depends on the type of cheese you use to make the dish but even the minimum calorie amounts to 130 calories for half a cup of Asiago Creamy Spinach. These calories can be further broken down into 17% Fat, 8% Cholesterol, 19% Sodium, and 2% Carbohydrates.
In order to keep your Spinach fresh and crisp for a longer time, use a plastic box and some paper towels. Place the paper towel on the bed of the plastic box and put spinach on top, this will help remove all the excess moisture in the Spinach. Cover the plastic box and keep it in your refrigerator. If you cut the Spinach and store it, make sure you rinse them properly and dry them out before putting them on the paper towel.
- In our recipe, we use my nicely chopped frozen Spinach but if you prefer fresh Spinach, go for it!
- It is important that you make sure that the Spinach is dried out (no moisture) before you add them to the creamy mixture.
- Simple yet flavorful Real Simple Salmon Recipe
- A refreshing drink that would help you recover from long day exhaustion, try making Peanut Butter Banana Juice
- Spicy, delicious, and on top of that an easy to make recipe Kale and Cabbage
- Does a homemade sandwich spread?Try Peanut Butter and Syrup Sandwich Recipe
- Flaked Salmon Recipe is the best seafood recipe, you must try this delicious recipe
- Love for fruits on desserts, and easy to bake recipe, Raspberry Almond Tart
Mouth-watering creamy treat, you must try to make Almond Baileys