Craving for something delicious yet healthy? How about trying a low-calorie scrumptious burger? As usual, we bring you recipes that satisfy your taste buds and add up to your health. So, be it lunch or brunch, Asian Salmon Burgers Recipe is a wholesome choice that fulfills your fast food desires.
On average, an American consumes about three burgers in a week’s time. Hence, today’s recipe is targeted at all those burger lovers, as this will provide them with the convenience of preparing a delicious and healthy burger at home.
Without further ado, let’s jump onto the recipe, ingredients, and preparation part.
Asian Salmon Burgers Recipe
- 0.45 kg Salmon fillet chopped(without skin).
- 1 tbsp Ginger root, freshly peeled and chopped.
- 12 tbsp Panko crumbs.
- 2 Green onions chopped.
- 2 tbsp Fat-free mayonnaise.
- 1 tbsp Soya sauce.
- 1 tsp Pressed garlic.
- 2 Kaiser rolls toasted and split.
- 1 tsp Wasabi paste.
- Heat the grill pan on low heat (180 to 200 c).
- Add chopped green onions and salmon chunks in a bowl and chop them a little more using a hand chopper.
- Add 1 heaped tablespoon of finely grated Ginger (make sure it’s properly peeled and washed).
- Now to the above mixture add 12 leveled tablespoons of fresh panko crumbs and mix them well.
- In a separate bowl, make a thick but smooth paste of two tablespoons of low-fat or fat-free mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon of (chemical-free) Organic soy sauce, and 1 teaspoon of pressed or chopped Garlic.
- Make a fine paste of the above three ingredients, spare about 2 teaspoons of it for seasoning, and combine the rest with the mixture of the chopped Salmon.
- After the mixture is well bound all together, make four portions of the salmon mixture.
- On a separate platter, spread panko crumbs, place one portion of the salmon mixture over it, press it with a gentle touch of four fingers, and flip it so that the panko crumbs cover the salmon patty evenly from both sides.
- Repeat the same procedure with the rest of the salmon mixture and panko crumbs.
- Once the patties are prepared well, grill them for about 7 to 8 minutes until both the sides and corners turn golden brown with grill marks on each side.
- Spread the dip on the toasted kaiser roll and palace it on the platter while the Salmon patty is being cooked.
- Once the salmon patty is satisfactorily cooked and the color turns golden brown, turn the grill off and gently place the patty over the prepared Kaiser Roll.
- Top it with fresh slaw and more mayonnaise.
Two Ways You Can Store Salmon Patty
The easiest and most common way to store or preserve Salmon patties is to make patties with the help of an ice cream scoop to gain an equal amount of mixture and wrap them individually in a cling sheet to avoid moisture ruining its flavor and crisp and they can be used whenever needed without any hassle. Make sure to keep them aligned, else they can lose their shape.
The other option is to cook the patties halfway and then freeze or refrigerate them after they cool down; in the same way, mentioned above, patties for Salmon Burgers can be refrigerated for around 3 to 4 days. At the same time, they can stay in the freezer for about a month.
Re-Heating the Patties
Salmon patties are best heated in the preheated pan over a low flame; also, frozen patties can be spared to defrost and thaw for a while. High flames will only leave burnt and undercooked patties behind. A covered pan and low flame work best for frozen items. Non-stick utensils work best when frying food items like Salmon or any other meat. Hence, Salmon patties can be fried and re-heated on a non-stick pan without spraying Oil or Butter.
Tips and Tricks for Asian Salmon Burgers Recipe
- It is always a great idea to use a silicone or a non-stick pan while frying Salmon patties, as mentioned above, because they are a bit delicate and can easily get scattered.
- While we speak about scattering, Salmon patties never get scattered if made with gluten-free Panko Crumbs.
Indulge your Taste Buds with these flavourful Recipes
- Top your burgers with Kale and Carrot, and Almond Hummus
- Experience multiple flavors and try out the Peanut Butter and Banana Juice Recipe
- Try out cold sandwiches with Real Simple Salmon along with Flash-Fried Spinach as a healthy lunch
- Fancy your regular salad with Easy Mole Sauce with Peanut Butter
- Complete your lunch with the sips of Almond Joy Coffee Creamer
- Try out Whole Foods California Quinoa Salad for dinner because a meal before bed must be healthy, low-carbs, and of course, delicious
- To satisfy the sweet tooth, don’t forget to try the Almond Flan
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.