You might think making Sushi at home is extremely difficult, but rather it’s easier than you think. Instead of buying expensive sushi outside, you can now make delicious and fun baked Sushi at home. Today, I will be sharing my favorite Baked Salmon Sushi Roll Recipe that is power-packed with fresh Salmon, crispy Cucumber, delicious Creamy Avocado, and our special sauce. So do not forget to try it out.
Baked Salmon Sushi Roll Recipe
- 12 oz Salmon (about 1 inch thick), preferably wild, skin removed.
- 2 cups White Rice.
- 1 cup Rice Vinegar.
- 3 inch Ginger, peeled.
- 2 tbsp Sugar.
- 1 tsp Sugar.
- ¼ cup Mayonnaise.
- 2 pcs Small Cucumbers.
- 2 pcs Carrots, peeled.
- 1 tbsp Sesame seeds toasted.
- ½ tsp Toasted Sesame oil.
- 6 pcs Toasted nori sheets.
- Soy sauce, for serving.
- Kosher salt as per taste.
- The oven is to be preheated at 400 degrees. Wash the rice several times till all the dirt is out. Using your fingertips, rinse till the water runs out of the rice. Let the rice dry for at least 20 minutes; till then, arrange the other ingredients.
- Use a vegetable peeler to cut ginger into slices. Use a small pan, pour some water, and bring it to boil; add ginger and washout for 5-7 seconds; then drain. Put the stove again on medium heat, add ¾ vinegar, 2 tbsp. Of sugar, and 2 tbsp of water. Put salt as per your taste. Wait till the sugar is properly dissolved. Save half of the vinegar water for rice and add the drained ginger to the remaining half of the water.
- Use a small pot with 2 ½ cups of water and bring it to a boil; add the rice into the pan and let it cook. Let the rice cook for 12 minutes till the water is absorbed. Remove the lid and let the rice cool. Then, transfer the rice to a big bowl and gradually add half of the vinegar water into the rice so that the rice may cool. Cover it with a clean towel used in the kitchen.
- Marinate the salmon with salt and wait till 10 minutes. On the other hand, dip the carrots and cucumbers with ¼ of vinegar, 1 tsp of salt, and 1 tsp of sugar and sesame oil. Bake salmon for 8-12 minutes. Let it cool, and then cut it into 6 portions.
- Put the nori sheet on the counter on the bamboo sushi mat. The shiny part goes down, and you put the ingredients on the duller side. For each roll, use ½ a cup of rice and distribute it evenly over the nori. Put the ingredients at the side of the nori that is towards you.
- Rolling is a 2 part procedure; first, the ingredients are tucked in- make sure they are in good form. Then, seal the roll.
What is Sushi?
Sushi was introduced as a preservation method for fish mainly in Asia- first China and then Japan. To preserve the fish for exportation purposes, the salted fish would be kept protected in fermented rice. Briefly, Sushi is a Japanese dish mostly served with raw fish and vegetables covered with vinegar-seasoned rice.
There are five main kinds of Sushi known these days. Here they are;
- Ngiri – A topping of fish served on the bed of Sushi Rice
- Maki – Fish enwrapped by rice and then covered by seaweed
- Uramaki – Fish enwrapped by seaweed covered with Rice on the outside
- Temaki – Cone-shaped hand-rolled Sushi
Baked Salmon Sushi Roll contains 591 calories per serving. Other elements in Salmon Sushi are Fat 12.4g, Cholesterol 23.4g, Carbohydrates 130g, and Proteins 20.4g.
- 4 oz. of raw Salmon has 236 Calories
- 0.35 cup of Sushi Rice has 83 Calories
- 2 oz. of crab stick has 54 Calories
- 2 oz. of cream Cheese has 203 Calories
- 60 g of Cucumber has 7 Calories
- 1 nori has 8 Calories
- To make Sushi at home, you must need a Bamboo Sushi mat unless you want to spend some money and buy a proper kit.
- If you are having trouble with rice sticking to your hands, you should keep a bowl of water with you. Dip your hands in the water before picking up the rice; water and vinegar are a great combination.
- To cut your Sushi rolls nicely, use a very sharp knife.
- Delicious and healthy, Spinach Curry Andhra Style Recipe
- Vegetarian meal for your healthy diet, try out our famous Kale and Carrot Recipe-AHealthy Vegan American Cuisine
- Feeling low on energy? Try out Peanut Butter Banana Juice Recipe
- Easy to make, most nutritious Flaked Salmon Recipe
- Snacks time is our favorite time; therefore, we offer you our famous Almond Crisps Cookie Recipe
- Do we all not wish to eat healthily? Try out this Cauliflower and Kale Recipe
- A special kind of ramen; Brown Rice Ramen Recipe
- Have you ever heard about Almond Hummus? No? Try out our new Almond Hummus
- Imagine how healthy an all plant-based diet would be., Try out Spinach Dal Andhra Recipe
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.