No dish can ever go wrong if the side dish is as delicious and delightful as our Barbuto Kale Salad Recipe.
We all indeed want to get cheffy when we have special guests arriving at our place. The famous NYC restaurant, Barbuto, evolved the Kale Salad like no other and presented it with such refined flavors that we had no other option but to try it out at our homes to impress the guests. But here’s the catch. This perfect salad recipe that sounds great is not the easiest because cooking Kale is no child’s play. For making a perfect Kale Salad, one must make certain that Kale is cooked flawlessly.
Barbuto Kale Salad Recipe is a pure NYC side-dish, loved by millions in America and all across the globe. This recipe is enriched with Pecorino, Anchovies, and Breadcrumbs to give your salad some deep tangy, salty, and garlicky flavors. Serve it with healthy salad dressings, and rest assured that people won’t forget the taste forever!
Barbuto Kale Salad Recipe
- 1 bunch Washed and dried Kale leaves( young and tender leaves preferred).
- ½ cup Clean grated Pecorino Cheese.
- 2 tbsp Pure Lemon Juice.
- ½ cup Extra virgin Olive Oil.
- ½ tsp Chili flakes.
- 1 cup Freshly grind or chunky breadcrumbs( as per choice).
- 1 tbsp Rice Vinegar.
- 6 pcs Anchovies, cut into tiny pieces or chopped.
- 3 cloves Garlic, crushed/minced.
- Salt as per taste.
- Pepper as per taste.
- 1 Egg yolk.
- 2 tbsp Dijon Mustard.
Let’s begin with the Crispy Garlic Breadcrumbs
- With over 4-5 bread slices or a half loaf of bread, grind them using a food processor and crush them into fine breadcrumbs.
- To make your breadcrumbs crunchy, toss your breadcrumbs into a pan or roasting tray sprinkled with olive oil, followed by salt, pepper, crushed garlic, and chili flakes until they are golden brown or roasted.
- Stir well to mix all the elements.
Next up is your Barbuto Kale Salad.
- Take clean and washed kale leaves and remove their stems. Loosely chop them in batches and start piling them in a salad bowl. Make sure not to over-grind them because the kale leaves will lose the texture needed for a perfect salad.
- Grate the Pecorino cheese and put it aside till the assembling of the ingredients begins.
- Take salted anchovies and garlic, and chop them finely. Next, take the lemon juice, rice vinegar, mustard, and egg yolk to combine all the dressing essentials and paste.
- For the final step, pour the entire dressing to your kale cut in the bowl, add the grated cheese and breadcrumbs, season with salt, pepper, and chili flakes, and shower tiny amounts of lemon juice to bring a savor that is hard to resist. And SERVE!
- Pro-tip: Sprinkle the salad with a little olive oil, and you can keep it in the refrigerator, preserved for a few days only.
Calories 180, Carbohydrates 30g, Protein 8g, Total Fats 4g, Cholesterol 7mg, Sodium 340mg, Potassium 185mg, Sugar 3g, Fiber 2g, Vitamin A1524IU, Vitamin C 32mg, Calcium 162 mg, Iron 2mg
Kale’s Nutritional Benefits
Kale is one of the most nutritious members of the cabbage family. It is rich in Vitamin A, C, K, B6, Manganese, Calcium, Copper, Potassium, Magnesium, and small amounts of Vitamin B1, B2, and B3, along with Iron and Phosphorus.
High in antioxidants, this leafy vegetable is proven to bring improvement against aging and diseases like cancer. To add to the list of Kale gains, it is confirmed that it helps decrease cholesterol, which ultimately results in a lower risk of cardiac diseases.
Which Type of Kale Does Justice to the Barbuto Kale Salad Recipe?
It is important to know that there are three different types of Kale available, from which the one to serve your dish best is ‘Lacinato’ (aka Tuscan Kale or Cavolo Nero). Not only does it have the sweetest and flattened leaves, but it also has a tender feel to it. Although many people love to take Curly Kale due to its slightly bitter taste, not all prefer to go for it.
Recommended Nutritious Recipes For You
Let’s look at some diverse recipes that are packed with lip-smacking taste and nutrition.
- Why not try Kale Baby Food Recipe if Kale is so nutritious and pours health into our kids.
- Shift the extra healthy Kale benefits into a perfect lunch or starter; try the novel Kale bread Recipe to entice your taste buds.
- The combination of Kale and Carrot together is sure to burst your health with vitamins and essential nutrients. This Kale and Carrot Recipe is the healthiest meal one could go for.
- Kale and Cabbage go together if you are in search of wholesome food. Check out our Kale and Cabbage Recipe for a delightful day with a healthy meal.
- Get your hands on the Brown Rice Pasta with Broccoli and Kale Recipe to elevate your tastes with the health factor at its best.
- With easy and simple ingredients at home, create a nutritious meal with Cauliflower and Kale Recipe.
- Nothing beats a salmon that tastes delicious. So make Irish Salmon Recipe, and you will never make it any other way.
- Pizza party day? With the Garlic Chicken Spinach Pizza Recipe, health and taste go hand-in-hand. Enjoy a perfect meal!
- Check out Flash Fried Spinach Recipe if you are a fitness freak to get the best spinach- King of Health benefits.
Looking for simple yet tasty meals for lunch? The Real Simple Salmon Recipe is your choice of the day if you do not want to spend much time in the kitchen.