I haven’t met a foodie who doesn’t follow Barefoot Contessa? I mean, who doesn’t love food recipes shared by the iconic chef Ina Garten, who knows exactly how to bring ingredients to life. Author of uncountable cookbooks, Ina Garten, owns a television show watched by millions. Well, to your surprise, we have this Barefoot Contessa Spinach Pie Recipe that you can easily prepare at home with intricacy and sophistication.
A classic American main course cuisine, Spinach Pie, is loaded with savors that are brought together by baking it with Butter, Cheese, Spinach, Nuts, and more. All dish ingredients are packed with health benefits, which makes this dish a must-have for everyone.
Barefoot Contessa Spinach Pie Recipe
- 3 cups Onions, chopped and cut into smaller pieces.
- 2 tbsp Olive oil.
- 1 tsp Fine sea salt.
- 1 ½ tsp Ground Black Pepper.
- 10 oz Package of frozen, chopped Spinach, defrosted first.
- 6 pcs Large beaten Eggs.
- 2 tsp Grated nutmeg.
- ½ cup Fresh, grated Parmesan Cheese.
- 3 tbsp Dry Breadcrumbs.
- ½ lb Feta Cheese cut into small ½ inch cubes.
- ½ cup Pignoli, Pinenuts.
- ¼ lb Salted, melted Butter.
- 6 pcs Sheets of Phyllo dough, defrosted.
- Set the cooking oven at 350 degrees and preheat it.
- Take a medium sauté pan and turn on a medium flame to heat the pan a little.
- Pour in some olive oil and sauté the chopped onions till they turn translucent or golden brown. Remember, do not over fry the onion; somewhere around 1—13 minutes would do good. Once done, add salt and pepper to the golden onions and let them cool.
- Squeeze water out of spinach and dry it as much as possible. Mix the dried and squeezed onions with the spinach in a bowl and start adding the beaten eggs, nutmeg, parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, feta, and pignoli.
- Spread butter on an ovenproof, non-stick, 8-inch pan and place 6 stacked sheets of phyllo dough. Brush each sheet with molten butter and spread out the edges so that edges hang out of the pan.
- Gently pour all the spinach mixture into the pan with phyllo dough and very precisely fold the corners of the sheet up to cover the entire filling. Brush the top of the filling with melted butter and put the pan inside the oven for one hour of baking.
- Let the spinach filling set and turn its color to a golden brown, indicating that your dish is baked seamlessly.
- Let it cool down for some amount and serve with extras like tomatoes, red onion salad, or pita for light and scrumptious meal.
- Calories per serving 577Kcal, Total fat 44.6g, Cholesterol 268 mg, Sodium 1618 mg, Potassium 246 mg, Total carbs 27g, Protein 19g, Vitamin C 1.6mg, Vitamin A 0.3 mg, Iron 2.6 mg, Calcium 350 mg.
- Barefoot Contessa Spinach Pie recipe is a High Calcium, Low Carb diet formula with amazing health benefits for everyone.
Although we know that the dish is not a real-quick make, for such tempting flavors and irresistible aromas, one has to give time to the elements to pair with each other flawlessly. For this reason, make certain that the pie is cooked or baked with precision and correctness.
First, do not leave any water in the spinach, or it will wet the dough and eventually lose its beautiful texture. Another thing to keep an eye on is the baking time in the oven. Think of it as the key to the perfect dish. As soon as the pie turns golden brown, even minutes before an hour, it’s time to take out your Barefoot Contessa Spinach Pie.
Looking for Something New to Cook?
Eating food becomes even better when you have new recipes to try that are guaranteed to make your taste buds feel dreamy. So try out these delicious recipes packed with healthy food ingredients:
- One of the most loved Bahama Breeze Salmon Pasta recipes is sure to sweep away your taste buds. The best part being, add as many nutritional elements as you want.
- Salmon was one thing; check out the Baked Salmon Belly recipe, never tried it before. The dish isn’t just flavor flooding but also healthy at the same time.
- Try succulent and juicy steak with Steak and Kale Recipe, balanced spices, and delicious savors.
- Meals without salad feel incomplete. Apple-Bees Spinach and Shrimp Salad Recipe will be your perfect match for the dinner party you are planning to have.
- Rich and smooth Asiago Creamy Spinach Recipe will save you from searching for anything better. Try it, and you will fall in love with the richness of the side-dish.
- Unique yet customary! Yats Spinach Mushroom Etouffee Recipe brings a dreamy touch to the traditional food with different ingredients.
- Try this majestic masterpiece by this Whole Poached Salmon Recipe to blast your party.
- Do not settle for less healthy. Spinach Feta Chicken Sausage Recipe can be your everyday rescue meal if you can’t think of anything better.
- ● Everyone loves Quiche. Do attempt the Weight Watchers Spinach quiche Recipe for the health and nutrition of vegetables encased in a cheesy dough.
The Cheesy Spinach Artichoke Bread Ding Dip is more than just a snack, and it’s a whole meal. Try for mouthwatering results.
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.