If you have ever been to Chicago, you must have heard about the famous Creamed Spinach at the Berghoff Restaurant. The restaurant is famous for its Creamed Spinach. Delicious and nutritious. Hence, it is not surprising that consumer love towards the Berghoff Creamed Spinach Recipe has been on the rise for years. Although Berghoff Restaurant refused to give out the exact recipe and patent, they did share the ingredients used to make the Creamed Spinach. And, today, we will share some tips, ingredients, and processes that will help you prepare a very similar Berghoff Creamed Spinach Recipe at home.
Berghoff Creamed Spinach Recipe
- 1 cup Milk.
- 1½ tsp Chicken base.
- ½ tsp Tabasco Sauce.
- ½ tsp Ground Nutmeg (you can use more for garnishing).
- ¼ tsp Granulated Garlic.
- ⅛ tsp Celery Salt.
- 4 tbsp Unsalted Butter.
- ¼ cup All-purpose flour.
- 3 10 oz Frozen chopped Spinach packages, washed and squeezed dry. (about 2 1/2 cups)
- Salt and White Pepper as per your taste.
- Cooked Crumbled Bacon (optional for garnishing).
- Choose a medium-sized pan, put it on medium to low flame. Add half and half, Milk, some Tabasco Sauce, and seasoning to the pan. Stir it and cook it for 1-2 minutes. Remove the pan from the stove, keep the mixture warm.
- Use another medium-sized saucepan, put it on medium flame. Melt butter over medium flame, add flour to the pan, and whisk it continuously, making no food lumps. Cook the flour for 2-3 minutes, keeping in mind that you need to stir it continuously. Now, gradually add milk to the mixture, little by little, whisking throughout so the mixture is smooth. Bring the mixture to boiling and constantly stir until you see the mixture gets thickened. Add the spinach to the sauce and let it cook for 5-7 minutes. You can add the spices according to your taste (Salt and White Pepper). Serve the dish while it’s hot.
- We always focus on the presentation of the food. Your dish must look good, smell good and taste good. Therefore, put the hot Creamy Spinach in a bowl and, garnish it with some Ground Nutmeg on the Sauce to give it an extra taste and smell. If you like Bacon, then add a spoon of crispy, cooked, and crushed Bacon.
Try out our famous Bergh off Creamed Spinach Recipe, and let us know if you enjoyed it as much as we did!
There are a total of 228.17 Kcal (955 kJ) Calories in Creamed Spinachin each serving of these ingredients. The breakdown of further nutrients are listed below;
- Total Fat: 18.37g
- Cholesterol: 51.77mg
- Sodium: 304.84mg
- Potassium: 404.93mg
- Total Carbs: 12.23g
- Proteins: 6.88g
Eating green is often said as eating healthy. Spinach, “the superfood,” is known for its nutritious value. Dark, leafy greens are a low-calorie package; excellent for Hair, Nails, Skin, and Bones. Spinach offers an abundance of Proteins, Vitamins, Iron, and minerals. Spinach brings in many health benefitsfor your body, and it controls blood glucose levels for people who have diabetes, lowers the level of cancerous cells in your body, improves your bone health, and many more.
Here are the three main types of Spinach; Savoy, Semi-Savoy, and Flat-leafed. Among these, you can eat flat-leafed Spinach raw, which makes it the best choice. Flat-leafed is usually picked at an early stage, washed, and sold in packages. They are smaller in size, sweeter and tender.
- Healthy and nutritious, low-carb food Bahama Breeze Salmon Pasta Recipe, Baked Salmon Belly Recipe, Atkins Salmon Recipe, Asiago Creamy Spinach Recipe, and Apple-Bees Spinach and Shrimp Salad Recipe
- Are you a food lover? If yes, you will love to try out these tasty, easy to make, and healthy Steak and Kale recipes, Wild Spinach Recipe, Whole Poached Salmon Recipe, Spinach Curry Adhara style.
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.