Blanched Spinach Recipe offers a perfect combination of deliciousness and nutritional benefits. If you are a Spinach lover and looking for a scrumptious Spinach Recipe, then the Blanched Spinach Recipe is your perfect choice!
Blanched Spinach – A Perfect Vegetable Side for you!
Blanched Spinach is a perfect addition to your diet if you follow a proper diet and exercise regime or are someone who always wants a healthy dish. It’s extremely delicious and contains many healthy and nutritious benefits. Try this easy and light recipe to become a fan of it- as I already am!
What is Blanch Spinach?
Blanching Spinach means cooking them quickly in hot water to cook them thoroughly, soften them, and then shock them in cold water to stop the cooking process. It prevents the Spinach from getting mushy and stay in its original texture. It is good because it destroys Oxalic acid, and also Blanching will squeeze out excess water from Spinach-preventing the dish from getting soggy.
So let’s jump to the Blanched Spinach Recipe and see what ingredients and the cooking method it requires! And try this delicious Spinach Recipe as soon as possible!
Blanched Spinach Recipe
Ingredients for Blanched Spinach Recipe
- 2 cups Baby Spinach Leaves.
- 3 tbsp Extra virgin Olive Oil.
- 2 Chopped Garlic Cloves.
- 2 tsp Salt.
- ½ tsp Black Pepper.
- 2 tsp Freshly squeezed Lemon Juice.
Optional: You can add several Spices to the Recipe, such as Chilli Powder, Garlic Powder, etc.
Cooking Method of Blanched Spinach Recipe
- Set a saucepan or pot on the stove at medium-high heat.
- Add Spinach Leaves to the pan and cook them for 2-3 minutes.
- Set a saute pan at medium heat and extra virgin Olive in it. Then add chopped Garlic Cloves and saute them for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Now, add Spinach to the saute pan from the pot. Saute for 1-2minutes.
- Season it with Salt and Black Pepper.
- Now, squeeze the Lemon Juice and mix the Spinach well.
Take the Spinach in the bowl, and your delicious Blanched Spinach is ready to be served!
Blanched Spinach; Nutritional Facts
Blanched Spinach consists of the following nutrients:
- Calories: 41g in one serving
- Proteins: 12.7g
- Fats: 4.4g
- Iron: 7.2mg
- Carbs: 18.4g
- Potassium: 1307.4mg
- Zinc: 1.9mg
- Calcium: 463.3mg
It is very easy to store Blanched Spinach for 2-3 days. Just keep the leftover Blanched Spinach in a bowl and cover it with plastic wrap or place it in an airtight box and keep it in the refrigerator. To store Blanched Spinach for 2-3 weeks, keep it in the freezer in an airtight box or bowl covered with plastic wrap. But consume it within a few weeks as Spinach will get bitter or may lose its flavor, if stores for too long.
A number of delightful yet healthy dishes, desserts, or side-lines can be served with Blanched Spinach, such as:
- You can serve Brown Rice Spaghetti and Cauliflower and Kale with Blanched Spinach for a complete Main Course.
- Serve these delicious desserts after having Blanched Spinach, Almond Frangipane Cake, Almond Float., Bj’s Peanut Butter Pizookie Recipe, Peanut Butter Cookie Cake, and Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Pie.
- Have this amazing Peanut Butter Banana Juice as a nutrietional power-house drink along with your Spinach recipe.
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.