For dog-lovers, their pet is what their world revolves around. They may not care about what they eat, but they would go an extra mile to make it nutritious and yummy with their dog food! The prepackaged food is not the best choice you make for your pet companions. Therefore, to let you explore a healthy yet easy-to-make dog treat, we have perfected the best Blue Buffalo Basics Limited Ingredients Salmon and Potato Recipe; get your canine licking the bowl!
Blue Buffalo Basics Limited Ingredients Salmon and Potato Recipe
- 1 can Salmon or equivalent if you are opting for fresh (trout and mackerel are excellent choices for the dog too, however, stay away from swordfish or tuna).
- ½ cup Organic Potatoes.
- 1 tsp Olive oil.
- Bake, cook, or stir-fry the Salmon until it is fully cooked from both sides (the skin should be golden brown). Remove all the bones and cut the Salmon into small pieces to prevent choking hazards.
- Boil the potatoes after peeling until tender and mash them after taking them off the stove.
- Mix the Salmon, Potato, and olive oil well together. (Always use double the amount of fish).
- Serve while a little warm, and let your dog enjoy!
Blue Buffalo Basics Limited Ingredients Salmon and Potato Recipe; Your Dog will Love You More!
If you just got yourself a pup, you would not know what food allergies it has. Hence, to avoid any health risks, the best you can do is cook a homemade meal for your new family member. This Salmon and Potato recipe is an amazing alternative to the store-bought food made with Blue Buffalo’s Limited Ingredients but more tasty and healthy.
While cooking food for your dog and having the apron on, why not cook a healthy, easy meal for yourself. Because your dog will stay healthy only if you are well! Here are a few wholesome, health-friendly recipes you can try (and sometimes share with your pup too):
- Try our fail-proof Walmart salmon recipe, Valerie Bertinelli’s salmon recipe, or some baked salmon rolls for a wholesome meal that you can enjoy with your dog buddy.
- After a wholesome meal, it is time for some homemade desserts like almond tortoni, chocolate chip peanut butter pie, or almond flan.
- If you are looking for more dog food recipes, try this decadent bone peanut butter recipe.
Salmon and potatoes are jam-packed with all the good stuff, not only for humans but for dogs too.
Salmon is an excellent source to consume high content of protein and good omega-3 fatty acids. At the same time, potatoes are rich in minerals, vitamins, and all the good carbohydrates.
This dog food can strengthen your dog’s immune system, provide them with anti-oxidants, and help them stay healthy while fulfilling their daily nutritional value.
One cup of Salmon and Potato Dog Food contains 360 kCal; good enough to keep your dog active on its feet!
Can you Store Salmon and Potato Dog Food?
No matter how big of a pet-lover I am, it does not mean that I will always be in a mood to cook something healthy for my dog, especially after a long day of cleaning the house or doing office work. Hence, having some healthier alternatives stored in the refrigerator can be a lifesaver!
We usually do not recommend storing food with precooked veggies, but it does not mean that you cannot. For example, Salmon and Potato can be stored in an airtight box for three days in the refrigerator and the freezer for up to a week.
Just make sure to warm the food; the dog does not like their food cold. You can easily get the ingredients from anywhere.
**Dog food does not need any added sugar or spices.
Your dog already likes fish; make it fall in love with your cooking and bond better!
Your Dog Deserves the Best!
Dogs live already too short, do not make them eat unhealthily.
Cooking food is not a hassle when a loved one is waiting for you by the dinner table. And trust me, the only thing on this earth that loves you more than himself is your dog, hence treat them now and then.
Get your dog drooling with this unique Blue Buffalo Basics Limited Ingredients Salmon and Potato Recipe!