A little on the lips, forever on the hips; well, not with this peanut butter pie! Weight watchers torture themselves to suppress their sweet cravings so that it does not ruin their diet. They may even plan a cheat day to treat their taste buds, which can do more harm than good because eating a lot of calories at once after a few healthy days is a lot worse than consuming a little of them in dessert once in a while. Today, I will be sharing with you the process and ingredients to prepare Bob Evans Peanut Butter Pie Recipe at the comfort of your home. The best part about this pie is that it’s comparatively low on calories, while it can take good care of your sweet tooth.
Remember, you are what you eat, so eat something sweet!
With kids in the house or people who are die-hard fans of desserts, it can be hard to reduce sugar consumption and the high caloric intake. But what if I tell you that this Peanut Butter Pie Recipe will make your family jump on the “watch-what-you-eat” bandwagon without depriving their taste buds of all the sweetness. Well, it all sounds too good to be true. However, it is.
Served as a Kosher Dessert, this Peanut Butter Pie is native to the South of the United States; however, like many other cuisines, it is made worldwide, with even healthier ingredients like making the Whipped Peanut Butter.
Bob Evans Peanut Butter Pie Recipe
- ½ Package (2-3 ounce)instant (store-bought) vanilla or chocolate pudding mix (the flavor depends on you).
- 1 cup Cold milk (you can use skim milk, soy milk, or almond milk, whatever you prefer).
- ¼ cup Cool whipping cream (completely whipped).
- 1 cup Home made whipped creamy peanut butter (you can use pre-made too).
- ½ Slightly browned pie shell (bake it from scratch or use a store-bought).
- ½ can 4 ounces Cool Whip.
To garnish (optional):
- Chocolate syrup or caramel sauce.
- Roasted and crushed peanuts.
- Take a large bowl and whisk the instant pudding and milk together until it gets creamy or swift peaks are formed.
- Add in the whipping cream and the peanut butter; mix until it all forms a smooth mixture.
- Take the pre-baked pie crust/shell, pour the mixture, layer it generously with cool whip on the top, and freeze it for 1 hour.
- After an hour, take it out, garnish it with your favorite goodies, and then let it chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 more hours before you serve.
Bob Evans Peanut Butter Pie Recipe – Calories and Nutritions!
Peanut butter is the glue, holding the sweetness in your life!
You can make Peanut Butter Pie as healthy as you can or as fattening as you like; you be the judge of it.
However, we want you to stay healthy and happy; hence, a large piece of peanut butter pie will only get you about 170 calories, with no added sugar.
Storing the Peanut Butter Pie
Regardless of how big of a food-lover you are, you may not always want to get in the kitchen and cook. But, at times like these, food sitting in your fridge can make your bad mood and hunger pangs go away! And, if it is a Peanut Butter Dessert waiting for me after a long tiring day, I would happily handle all the workload.
Although best eaten fresh, you can still store the peanut butter pie in an airtight jar for 3-4 days in the fridge. However, freezing the peanut butter pie is not recommended because it will just kill the essence.
Tips to make the Peanut Butter Pie even better
- Try to use homemade Peanut Butter to make the recipe tastier and healthier.
- Add a little hint of Salt once you are done whipping the Peanut Butter, making it more flavorful.
- Add sliced fruits, crushed Oreos or Raisins, if you want to go fancy with the dessert.
Desserts Can Be Healthy Too! Here are a Few Recommendations
For people who are always hunting for healthier options, here are a few that you can try:
- Even at an all-kids party, you can make them eat healthy desserts by making White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups, Yoder’s Peanut Butter Pie, or a Lemon Almond Pound Cake.
- To end the meal on a healthier yet crunchier note, try Almond Crunch, Almond Biscotti, Raspberry Almond Tart, or Almond Cinnamon Buns.
- When you are in no mood to bake or even turn on the oven, but your kids scream for dessert, try this no-bake, easy-to-make, fail-proof Peanut Butter Pie Recipe and let the family dinner be drama-free!
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.