Quinoa is an ancient super nutritious grain that was once considered the ‘Gold of Incas.’ Besides Peru, Bolivia is a leading producer of Quinoa globally. Compared to other South American Countries, Bolivia is considered vegetarian-friendly. Most Bolivian dishes come without meat and are completely vegan. In contrast, Bolivian cuisines consist of various traditional staples, including Corn, Quinoa, Beans, and Potatoes. And today, I will be sharing with you the homemade procedure of preparing this delicious Bolivian Quinoa Recipe.
Quinoa is a complete vegan dish, but it can also be used as a side dish with chicken, fish, and beef. So, without further ado, let’s jump onto the recipe.
Bolivian Quinoa Recipe
- 1 cup Quinoa (soaked in warm water for 10 minutes).
- 1 cup Boiled Brown Chickpeas (Kala Chana).
- 1 Medium Onion (chopped).
- 1 cup Carrot, Beans, and Peas.
- ½ cup Green Bell Pepper (chopped Capsicum).
- 1 tsp Ginger (grated).
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil.
- ¼ cup Home-made tomato paste/sauce.
- 1 cup Water.
- 2 Bay leaf (Tez paat).
- ½ tsp Cumin Seeds (Zeera).
- ½ tbsp Kashmiri Red Chili Powder.
- ½ tsp Coriander powder.
- Few Leaves Fresh Coriander.
How to Prepare Bolivian Quinoa Recipe
- Add Oil to a pan and heat it.
- Add grated Ginger, Bay Leaf, Onion, and sauté till it turns golden brown.
- Add Tomato Paste/Sauce, Bell Pepper, Carrot, Beans, Peas, and sauté with a pinch of Salt.
- Add the boiled Brown Chickpeas, Red Chili Powder, Coriander Powder, Cumin Seeds, Quinoa, and water in it. Cook it for 15 minutes on stove.
- Then simmer it for 3-4 minutes till you get the desired consistency.
- The recipe can be served with Warm Bread Rolls, Chili Cheese Toast, or any other toast of your choice.
Bolivian Quinoa Recipe; Calorie Count
As stated earlier, the Bolivian Quinoa Recipe comprises several ingredients that provide it a heavenly taste. Here is a calorie breakup based on the ingredients used in this recipe.
- Quinoa: 222 cal
- Boiled Brown Chickpeas: 269 cal
- Onion: 44 cal
- Mix vegetables: 80 cal
- Green Bell Pepper: 9 cal
- Ginger: 2 cal
- Vegetable Oil: 124 cal
- Homemade tomato paste/sauce: 32 cal
- Bay leaf: 2 cal
- Cumin seeds: 4 cal
- Kashmiri Red Chili Powder: 11 cal
- Coriander powder: 1 cal
Nutritional Value Per Serving
This Quinoa recipe consists of several nutrients, which makes it not only delicious but amazingly healthy. For instance;
- Carbohydrtes 58 g
- Dietary Fibers 7.2 g
- Protein 11.5 g
- Fat 13 g
- Cholesterol 8 mg
- Sodium 72 mg
- Potassium 808 mg
- Sugar 4 g
- Vitamin A 827 IU
- Vitamin C 16 g
- Calcium 66 mg
- Iron 2.76 mg
Can You Store Bolivian Quinoa Recipe?
It is important to note that the Bolivian Quinoa Recipe tastes best when fresh, hence it shouldn’t be frozen. In other words, try consuming and serving it fresh to enjoy its divine deliciousness.
Recommend Vegan and Nutritional Delights for You
- Looking for more vegan delights? Try out Kale and Carrot Recipe, Spinach Curry Andhra Recipe, Kale and Cabbage Recipe.
- Looking for high nutritional meals? Try out Real Simple Salmon Recipe, Flaked Salmon Recipe, Peanut Butter Baby Food Recipe, Peanut Butter, and Syrup Sandwich Recipe, and Peanut Butter Banana Juice Recipe.