What Is Bootleg Drink?
The Bootleg drink is a refreshing drink with simple ingredients; citrus, vodka, and fresh mint. It is a handcrafted and fresh cocktail mix, consisting of a perfect balance of flavors and a natural finish. This drink is traditionally served in a pint glass, which is filled with ice.
The Bootleg Drink belongs to American cuisine, and it originated in Minnesota’s Twin Cities in the prohibition period. It is famous as Minnesota’s signature cocktail known as Minnesota Original. It is an excellent drink to enjoy on a hot summer day!
Though Bootleg Drink itself is a perfect and complete beverage, however, just a splash of this drink can be added to your favorite spirits (Bourbon, Gin, Rum, Tequila, etc.) and also in the soda water. This way, you can make some excellent cocktails at home!
A Classic Bootleg Cocktail Recipe!
There are countless famous recipes of Bootleg Cocktail, but the recipe we are sharing here for you is not only delightful but also simple and easy to make. So let’s see what ingredients we will need for this amazing cocktail recipe:
- 1 Can Frozen Lemonade.
- 1 Can Limeade.
- 2-3 Bunches Mint.
- 7-8 Oz Vodka.
- 1/3 Cup Simple Syrup.
- Club Soda.
- Take a blender and add Lemonade, Limeade, and mint in it. Make a puree.
- Now, add the simple syrup. Fill the blender with water so that it is at least three-quarters full.
- Take a tall glass and fill it with ice and two parts booze(Gin or Vodka). Then add two parts of Bootleg mix and two parts of club Soda.
- Garnish the glass with mint, and here your classy Bootleg Cocktail is ready to be served!
- You can easily adjust the amount of sweetener and mint to suit your preferences. You can also use fresh lemon juice instead of frozen Lemonade.
- Carbohydrates: 70 g
- Potassium: 103 mg
- Protein: 1 g
- Calcium: 15 mg
- Vitamin C: 15 mg
- Iron: 1 mg
- Sodium: 21 mg
Tips to Enhance the Flavor and Presentation of Bootleg Drink
- Use Vodka, Gin, and Rum as they have always been used in beverages.
- You can use them in your drink according to your taste preference!
- You can slice some limes and squeeze them in the drink before serving. It will add a delicious citrus flavor, and make it more presentable!
- For an impressive presentation of the drink, you can garnish the drink with chopped mint.
- You have already added lime and lemon to the drink, but you can also use raspberry or pink lemonade for a distinct flavor
- One of the most useful tips is that for an efficient serving of the drink – always add the ingredients one by one in the glass and then add ice to it!
When and What to Serve with Bootleg Drink?
Bootleg Drink being a classic cocktail can be served anytime. But it is best to sip this drink as:
- Summer drink
- A happy drink
- On a cocktail party
- Dinner Party drink
- Boys or girls night drink
- A late night drink’s drink
Have a friends get-together and worried about what to serve with Bootleg Drink? Worry not; you can serve the following things with drink:
- Passover Salmon Recipe
- Paula Deen Salmon Loaf Recipe
- Almond Rocher
- Egyptian Spinach Recipe
- Dominican Beets Potato Salad
- Irish cooked Salmon.
- Paula Deen Creamed Spinach Recipe
- Mediterranean Crusted Salmon
- Indian salmon curry recipe.
- Longhorn Steakhouse Salmon Recipe
If you are in search of a refreshing summer drink; then Bootleg Drink is surely worth a try! Though we warn you that you will fall in love with it and will be making it again! Share your feedback in the comments section below when you try out this amazing delight.
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.