Craving some delicious salmon and looking for something with a little twist (no pun intended!)? Well, this easy and basic braided salmon recipe is sure to become your favorite fish meal!
This recipe will leave everyone asking for seconds for succulent salmon with just the right amount of flavorful seasoning.
Braided Salmon Recipe
All you need from your pantry to make this delicious Salmon Recipe is:
- 2 tsp Fresh Ginger (finely chopped).
- ½ tsp Salt.
- ½ tsp Peanut oil.
- 1 Skinless Salmon fillet (1 ½ lb.).
- ½ cup Green Onions (chopped).
- 2 tsp Soy Sauce (low sodium).
- 1 tsp Dark Sesame Oil.
How to Make Braided Salmon Recipe :
- Here is how to make our delightful braided Salmon:
Preparing the Marinade and Dressings:
- In a small bowl, mix Salt, Ginger, and Peanut Oil. Brush this mixture generally over the fillet. Put to one side.
- In another small bowl, mix Soy Sauce, Onions, and Sesame Oil.
Preparing the Salmon:
- Cut the fillet vertically into 3 (15 x 1-inch) ropes.
- Preserve any remaining Salmon for later use. Braid the ropes and secure them in place with wooden picks/chopsticks.
- Place the braids in an 11 x 7-inch baking dish hand cover the dish using plastic wrap.
- Microwave the dish at a high setting for 2 minutes. Let the fillet rest for another 2 minutes.
- Microwave again at a high setting for 2 minutes, or until the desired level of doneness.
- Remove the fillet dish from the microwave. Sprinkle the onion mixture over the fish and enjoy.
How Many Calories Does Braided Salmon Recipe Have?
This recipe of braided salmon contains 258 calories. Additional nutritional information is given below:
- Fat: 12.7g
- Protein: 32.6g
- Carbohydrates: 1.3g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Cholesterol: 84mg
- Iron 0.8mg
- Sodium 455mg
- Calcium 26mg
Can You Store Braided Salmon?
Properly cooked salmon can last in the refrigerator for at least 3 to 4 days.
If you want to store your cooked salmon for even longer, the best option is to freeze it – place the salmon in an airtight container or heavy-duty freezer bag, or simply wrap it tightly in freezer wrap or heavy-duty aluminum foil.
Tips for Making the Best Braided Salmon
When covering the fish with marinade, make sure to turn it gently to ensure the entire fillet is completely covered.
For a stronger flavor, refrigerate the marinated fillet for 15 to 30 minutes, turning the fish after every 5 minutes.
Remember to slice the salmon into very thin strips to make it easier to braid and hold together. One-inch or half-inch slices are best.
You may also braid the entire fillet into a single big braid, but this will be more tedious to hold together. Also, individual braids look much better when served.
About five minutes before cooking, brush the fillet with any remaining marinade.
Looking for More Delicious Recipes? Try These!
If you liked this recipe, here are a few more that you’ll enjoy!
- To fulfill your seafood cravings, try the Baked Sweet and Sour Salmon Recipe, Baked Salmon Sushi Roll Recipe, Bahama Breeze Pan Seared Salmon Pasta Recipe, Irish Smoked Salmon, Wild White King Salmon, Whole Foods Salmon Salad, and Aip Salmon Recipe.
- Looking for a salad on the side? Why not try this Barbuto Kale Salad Recipe!
- Is it something green you want? This Barilla Spinach Lasagna Recipe is just right for you.
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.