It is impossible to talk about Brass Monkey Drink without recalling the nostalgic “Brass Monkey Song” by The Beastie Boys!
You must be wondering what Brass Monkey Drink is? Well, it is a perfect blend of dark rum, vodka, and orange juice. This 1970s legend is famous as a classic retro cocktail, even today!
You can always adjust the flavor of your drink as per your taste preference. Like if you want your drink to be a little sweeter, simply increase the quantity of orange juice and vice versa.
Brass Monkey Drink Recipe!
- 1 oz Vodka.
- 1 oz Dark Rum.
- 2 oz Orange Juice.
- Ice. for serving and presentation
- Take a cocktail shaker and add vodka, dark rum, and orange juice to it.
- Add around two handfuls of ice in the shaker and shake until cold.
- Now, take a strainer and strain the drink in the lowball glass.
- Optional: You can use orange wedges to garnish the drink.
- Optional: If you don’t want your cocktail to have strong alcohol, you can add more orange juice.
Your delightful Brass Monkey Drink is ready to be served!
Turn Your Brass Monkey Into A Delightful Rum Lemonade!
If you are a Rum fan, you can easily turn your Brass Monkey Drink into a Rum Lemonade. Here is how!
- 30ml Rum
- 30ml Vodka
- 50ml Lemon Juice
- 30ml Sugar Syrup
- Optional: You can use a few spoons of Orange Juice too
Shake all the ingredients with ice in the Cocktail shaker and then strain the drink into an ice-filled glass.
Your amazing Rum Lemonade is ready to be served!
Tips to Enhance Your Drink
- Squeeze fresh orange juice and use it in your drink; as it enhances the flavor!
- You can garnish the drink with sliced orange, orange wedge, or mint leaves, etc
- As per your taste preference, you can adjust the quantity and number of your ingredients
- Serving the drink in an elongated glass or a wine glass looks super presentable!
When and What to Serve with Brass Monkey Drink?
Brass Monkey Drink being an ancient and classic cocktail serves perfectly for any occassion, however it is best to serve it as:
- Thanksgiving drink
- Beach Party drink
- Retro drink
- A happy drink
- At a cocktail party
- A late-night drink’s drink
- Dinner Party drink
You can serve your cocktail with, Roasted nuts, Nachos, Bagels, Salmon, etc.
Mouth-Watering Recipe Recommendations
- Paula Deen Creamed Spinach Recipe
- Mediterranean Crusted Salmon
- Indian Salmon Curry Recipe
- Passover Salmon Recipe
- Paula Deen Salmon Loaf Recipe
- Almond Rocher
- Egyptian Spinach Recipe
- Dominican Beets Potato Salad
- Irish Cooked Salmon
- Longhorn Steakhouse Salmon Recipe
If you always look for classic cocktail drink recipes or are a big fan of classic cocktails; this recipe might serve you a fortune! So do try this and let us know in the comments section below how you like it!
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.