I simply love the toasty flavor and crisp texture of whole seeds, so I use them often while cooking. Each time I use them in making any recipe, I get mind-blowing results! This delectable seeded brown rice crackers recipe is a creative combination of brown rice, whole seeds, oats, and veggies!
Brown Rice Crackers
- 1½ cup Sesames Seeds Raw unhulled
- 1½ cup Sunflower Seeds Raw shelled
- 1 cup Pumpkin Seeds Raw
- 1 cup Rolled Oats
- ⅓ cup Chia Seeds
- 1 tsp Flaky Sea Salt
- 3 tsp Psyllium Husks
- 3 tsp Coconut Oil or Olive Oil Melted, Extra-virgin
- 2 tsp Water
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 cup Short Grain Brown Rice (Soak overnight in 3cups of filtered water. Add a pinch of salt)
- ¼ cup Filtered Water 420ml
- Place a rack in the middle of your oven. Preheat the oven to 350°, F. (Prepare two large baking sheets)
- Place the sesame seeds, sunflower, oats, pumpkin, chia seeds, and sea salt in a large bowl. Mix well before setting aside.
- In the food processor, add the cooked and cooked brown rice, oil, psyllium husks, and sea salt. Blend until mixture is smooth and forms a ball.
- Transfer mixture to the bowl with seeds. Mix well with your hands.
- Wash and dry your hands. After this, divide the dough in half. (If the dough is sticky at this point, set aside for some minutes, then continue dividing)
- Place a large sheet of parchment paper on your counter. Crumble half of the dough onto the parchment. Make it form a rectangular shape (12× 9 inches).
- Cover with another parchment paper. Use a rolling pin to roll the dough out evenly.
- Remove the parchment paper on top and turn the dough on the parchment onto a baking sheet. (Be careful, so the dough doesn't year but if it does, you can press it together)
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven. Lift one side of the parchment. Flip crackers over into the baking sheet. Remove parchment and bake for 8-12 minutes until crackers turn crispy.
- Rinse brown rice. Drain and transfer to a heavy 2-quart pot with a tight-fitting lid. Add water, salt and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Cover pot, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 60 minutes or until all the water has absorbed.
- Remove from heat and set aside for 10 minutes. Allow it to cool completely before measuring out the amount needed for crackers.
- Brown rice crackers are quite light, but wait until you are done eating them before you judge.
How Many Calories Does Brown Rice Crackers Recipe Contain?
This recipe contains 213 kcal!
Health Benefits of Brown Rice
Every time I try a new recipe, I always look up its health benefits. There is really no point in consuming foods that have little or no benefits.
Here are some benefits of brown rice that will convince you to make brown rice crackers often.
Lower risk of diabetes: Diabetes is no one’s friend and oftentimes, you hardly even see it coming until it rears its big ugly head. Brown rice has a low glycemic index (GI). It’s simple, this means, your body’s sugar level doesn’t spike after taking brown rice.
Keeps your heart in good shape: Brown rice contains nutrients that help to keep your heart healthy. They contain fiber which reduces your risk of heart disease. Brown rice is also rich in magnesium, which means you are less vulnerable to heart diseases and stroke! Eating more whole grains such as brown rice could reduce your risk of heart disease.
Helps in weight loss: Want to lose some weight? Brown rice is your friend. Your best friend! Including brown rice in your diet will help to shed more pounds and reduce your body’s mass index.
Brown rice also contains more dietary fiber than white rice. Foods rich in fibers help you feel full easily and for a longer time. This means you will be able to eat less and your kitchen doesn’t have to welcome you again in a few hours.
Contain antioxidants: Brown rice contains flavonoids and phenols. These antioxidants help to reduce damages to your cells and also battle premature aging. They also contain vitamins and minerals like calcium, iron, magnesium, vitamin B1, vitamin B6.
Tips to Enhance Brown Rice Crackers
These tips will help you make brown rice crackers that will make everyone fall in love with you once they get a taste of it!
- Add enough water to the dough until it forms a dough ball.
- The crackers will crisp up more as they cool. Store them in an airtight container for about 3 days.
- (Take this one super seriously) Make sure you roll the dough super thin. If you want your cracker to be perfect with an unbearable text, then your dough should not be thick. This will make your crackers tough.
- Freeze the crackers for 15 minutes before baking them. Cold crackers come out more crispy.
- If you do not want the dough to stick to your rolling pin. You can place a piece of parchment paper over the top of the dough. This will make it peel off more easily.
Want more brown rice recipes? Here are some mouth-watering. fun, flavorful, and healthy recipes for you.
- Try this nourishing Brown Rice Krispies paired with peanut butter, coconut oil and topped with dark chocolate
- Go classy with this delectable Brown Rice Quinoa Pasta
- Fast, delicious and easy to make Brown Rice Ramen
- This Brown Rice Noodles is made with spicy peanut sauce. This recipe will make your saturday mornings perfect!
- Make this simple and flavorful Brown Rice Spaghetti and have fun