I made these brown rice krispies for the first time when my family planned a summer road trip. At first, we wanted to go on a picnic, but we had gone on so many picnics already, so we decided to try something new.
In quest of making the travel more adventurous and unique, we decided to feature it with a new recipe that we never had before. Good idea! Everyone agreed. So, Popo and I got into the kitchen and we made these lovely brown rice krispies, which became the highlight of our road trip! And that’s how this scrumptious delicacy entered into our lives, to stay forever. 🙂
I made this recipe with peanut butter, coconut oil, maple syrup. I topped it with dark chocolates and sea salt. Let’s check it out!
Brown Rice Krispies
- ¾ cup Peanut Butter
- 2 tsp Coconut Oil
- ⅓ cup Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 cup Brown Rice Krispies
- 3.5 ounces Dark Chocolate Bar
- ½ cup College Optional
- Place a medium pot over low heat. Add peanut butter, coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Mix for 1 minute, or until well-combined and smooth.
- After this, add collagen (If you choose to use it.) Add the Crispy brown rice. Stir until the cereal is completely coated.
- Pour the mixture into a prepared pan, using a spatula to flatten the top to make it even.
- It's time to make the chocolate topping. Add chocolate to a microwave-safe bowl. Set the microwave to high. Do this for 30 seconds. Stop and stir. Microwave for another 30 seconds. Repeat the process until your chocolate is completely melted.
- Finally, pour the melted chocolate over the crispy bars and tilt your pan so that they’re evenly coated.
- Place the pan in the refrigerator for an hour, or until the crispy bars are completely cool, and the chocolate is melted.
- Remove the crispy bars from the fridge. Also, remove the krispies bar from the parchment paper.
- Sprinkle rice crispy bars with sea salt, then cut into desired bars. Enjoy!
I ate brown rice Krispies for the first time during a dinner party. It was super sweet and marshmallowy. Before I knew it, I had taken several handfuls.
Tip: Always consume limited quantities of krispies, as consuming more might cause stomach ache.
Tips to Make the Best Krispies
- Peanut butter and marshmallows helps keep the rice krispies stick together. I used peanut butter for this recipe, however, you can also make use of cashew, or almond butter.
- The virgin coconut oil also helps the rice krispies stick. You can also substitute with vegan butter.
- I love pure maple syrup because of its natural sweetness. If you want to use something other than maple syrup, you can make use of honey.
- I used brown rice krispies because they are gluten-free!
- For this recipe, I used Theo’s dark chocolate bars.
How to Store Brown Rice Krispies?
Fridge: You can store your homemade krispies bar in a fridge. Cover them and keep them for a week. You can heat them so they soften a bit when you are ready to eat.
Freezer: You can store your Krispies for up to a month in the freezer.
Looking for More Brown Rice Reipces? Try These!
- You will hardly get tired of this Brown Rice Crackers recipe
- This Brown Rice Noodles is for the whole family!
- Go classy with Brown Rice Spaghetti with Oregano and Olive Sauce
- Make this quick and easy Brown Rice Ramen
- You will love this Brown Rice Pasta
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.