Ever fancied making your very own brown rice noodles with added veggies? Then this recipe is exactly what you have been searching for. A perfect blend of veggies, peanut butter, and a variety of sauces; this recipe is sure to take you on an adventurous, delicious and nutritious journey.
With this recipe, you can have the best of both worlds; it’s your one-way ticket to having a bowl of brown rice noodles garnished with a lot of veggies and a little protein. (I used chicken breast). However, if you are on a vegetarian diet, feel free to leave the chicken out or substitute it with Tofu. I promise you are still going to have a great time.
Noodles are one of the easiest to cook. So, all you have to do is pour them into a heat bowl proof, pour in enough hot water. Cover and allow to sit for 10 mins.
Let’s check it out!
Brown Rice Noodles With Spicy Peanut Sauce
- 8 ounces Brown Rice Noodles Regular is fine
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil Toasted
- 3 Garlic Cloves Minced
- 2 tsp Ginger Freshly grated
- 3 tsp Vegetable Oil
- 8 ounces Chicken Breast (or other protein) Thinly sliced
- 1 large Carrot, Julienned
- 1 Bell Pepper (not green) Sliced into thin strips
- ⅓ cup Salted Peanuts Roughly chopped
- ¼ cup Scallion Thinly sliced
- 1/2 lime Lemon Juice
- ¼ cup Thai Basil Leaves
- 2 tsp Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1-2 tsp Vietnamese Chili Garlic Sauce
- 2 tsp Kikkoman Soy Sauce
- ½ tsp Chicken Broth
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil Toasted
- 1 tsp Sesame Seeds Black or white
- Cook rice noodles according to instructions on the package.
- Once ready, rinse with cold water and place in a medium bowl. Toss with sesame oil and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, make the sauce by whisking together the first 6 ingredients and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large sauté pan and add garlic and ginger. Sauté until fragrant (30 seconds).
- Add the chicken and sauté. Remove the chicken from the pan, and add the vegetables to the pan. Sauté until it becomes crispy.
- Add the chicken back to the pan. Sauté for a minute. Add the noodles and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the sauce and cook, toss the noodles until it is well-coated with the sauce.
- Toss with chopped peanuts, scallion, basil, and lime juice.
- Serve with lime wedges.
A serving of brown rice noodles contains 44g total carbs, 40g net carbs, 1g fat, 4g protein, and 669 calories.
Best Brown Rice Noodles for You?
Here are some of my most favorite brown rice noodles you can pick from;
King Soba’s organic brown rice noodles are perfect for vegans, and celiacs. You can serve it in a Japanese-style vegetable soup or stir-fried with vegetables. To prepare these noodles, follow the instructions here
Ingredients: Organic brown rice flour and water
Annie Chun’s brown rice noodles are 100% whole grain. They are also a rich source of dietary fiber. With these noodles, your Pad Thai, chilled noodle salads, and other Asian stir-fries will become a bomb! Most importantly, Annie Chun’s noodles are low in fats fat, while are vegan & gluten-free. They also get ready in about 5 minutes!
Ingredients: Brown rice flour and water
Nutritional Information of Annie Chun’s Noodles
Thai Kitchen boasts of giving your brown rice noodles recipes a memorable touch. Their noodles are versatile, delicious, and easy to make.
Ingredients: Brown rice, white rice, tapioca starch, and water.
Nutritional Information of Thai Kitchen Noodles
|Nutritional Information||Per serving|
- Try this yummy Indian Brown Rice
- With this Brown Rice Quinoa recipe, you can have a healthy and light meal without sacrificing on nutrients and taste
- Go classy with this Brown Rice Krispies
- Love ramen? This Brown Rice Ramen recipe will put a smile on your face
- Quick and easy Brown Rice Pasta is a real treat for the whole family