What’s the point of eating certain unhealthy foods when it only leaves you feeling guilty? Moreso, within a few hours, you are back to the kitchen; hungry, grumbling, and hitting innocent pots that did no wrong. You can bid goodbye to these scenarios with our today’s special brown rice quinoa pasta recipe that keeps you feeling full and energized for a longer period.
This brown rice quinoa paired with broccoli and garlic is satisfying, delectable, and nutritious; A perfect blend of health and taste, I must say. With this brown rice quinoa recipe, you can have a healthy and light meal without sacrificing nutrients and taste.
Let’s make this recipe!
Brown Rice Quinoa Pasta Recipe
- 16 ounce Brown Rice and Quinoa Organic Pasta
- 12 ounce Bag Broccoli Florets
- 8 tbsp Olive Oil Extra Virgin
- Salt To taste
- Crushed Red Chili Pepper
- Start by filling a large pan with water. Add 3 tablespoons of salt. Cover the pan with the lid. Allow water to boil.
- Once the water begins to boil. Add pasta. Make sure you remove the lid and lower the heat to medium-high. Allow pasta to cook for 10 to 12 minutes.
- While pasta cooks, peel and chop the garlic. Wash the broccoli florets and other vegetables you want to add.
- Once pasta is ready, pour it into a strainer and drain. Pour some cold water over the pasta.
- Dry the pan you used to boil the pasta with a clean towel. Place the pan on a medium-high burner. Add 5 tablespoons of extra virgin oil.
- Add the chopped garlic. Allow garlic to cook until it turns golden brown.
- Once the smell of the garlic fills the air, add the broccoli. Allow the broccoli to cook until the stem turns bright green. Stir the broccoli and garlic together.
- Add the pasta (It should be cool by now) to the broccoli and garlic. Mix.
- Now, add the cooled-down pasta to the broccoli and garlic, and mix everything.
- Add 3 tablespoons of extra virgin oil. Add salt and paprika to taste
- Mix everything and close the lid. Allow the pasta to cook for 5 more minutes on a low flame.
- Serve with crushed chili pepper if you want the pasta to be spicy.
Quinoa is a South American grain. It contains high amounts of protein and essential amino acids. This is why it is considered a superfood. Quinoa is also a good source of dietary fiber. It is gluten-free and easy to digest.
Quinoa tops the list of foods rich in protein as it contains all 9 essential amino acids. If you want to reduce or completely remove animal protein from your diet, then quinoa is your go-to meal. A cup of Quinoa provides 8 grams of protein. It is high in magnesium, insoluble fiber, and vitamin B12. Other nutrients breakup is listed below;
- Calories: 200
- Total fat: 1.5 g 2%
- Saturated fat: 0%
- Trans fat: 0%
- Cholesterol: 0mg 0%
- Sodium: 0%
- Total carbohydrate: 14%
- Dietary fibre: 2g
- Sugar: 0%
- Protein: 5g
- Iron: 4%
Which Brown Rice Quinoa Pasta Should I Buy?
If you are looking to give yourself a good treat, you can make use of any of these brown rice quinoa pasta. They are healthy and gluten-free.
Trada Jones Organic White Quinoa
This Quinoa Pasta has a nutty and fresh flavor. You can cook it in a microwave, a stovetop, or a rice cooker. It absorbs liquids and flavors very well, so you can use it with stocks and broths. Also, you can get Trader Joe’s Organic Brown Rice & Quinoa Fusilli. It is gluten-free.
Organic Fusilli Brown Rice & Quinoa Blend
Organic fusilli brown rice and quinoa blend is manufactured by field day. It has a traditional texture and taste. Made with special brown rice and quinoa blend that maintains pasta’s shape while cooking. It is gluten-free.
Looking for More Brown Rice Delicacies? Try These!
Want more brown rice recipes? Don’t search too far.
- Make this nourishing Brown Rice Ramen
- Want something simple? Get this Brown Rice Crackers recipe
- Make this Brown Rice Pasta with broccoli and kale
- This Brown Rice Noodles with Peanut Sauce is perfect for a saturday breakfast
- Impress your friends and family with this Brown Rice Krispies
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.