My weekend went from frustrated to fulfilled when one day my husband came home with brown rice ramen. Jeez! Where have these treasures been hiding all along? I thought to myself. I have tried different types of ramen but never tried brown rice. And ever since I tried them, I wouldn’t hesitate to admit that I am a huge fan. And I am sure you’ll be too, as we move along this recipe.
Let’s make this recipe!
Brown Rice Ramen Recipe
- 4 cakes Organic Millet and Brown Rice Ramen
- 4 Eggs Boiled
- 4 Garlic cloves Minced
- 2 Carrots Finely Chopped
- 2 Green Onion Stalks
- Cilantro Chopped, For garnishing
- 1 inch Ginger Root Shredded
- 1 medium Red Onion
- 2 medium Tomatoes
- 1 Red Bell Pepper Diced
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 2 tsp Liquid Coconut Amino or Soy Sauce Low Sodium
- 1 tsp Brown Sugar
- Salt and Pepper To taste
- Half Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Rice Vinegar
- 1 tsp Sriracha Sauce
- Add water into a medium-size pot. Bring water to a boil over high heat.
- Break ramen cakes to the desired size. Once water is boiling, add the broken ramen cakes. Twirl gently. Allow it to cook according to label instructions.
- In the meantime, heat the oil in a pan. Add onion and sauté for a couple of minutes till translucent.
- Add garlic, ginger, and sauté till the aroma fills the air. Add all the vegetables (Make sure they are chopped). Allow sautéing for a few minutes. Keep the heat on high to enable the veggies to cook faster.
- Add all the sauce ingredients. Mix well before turning off the heat.
- Add all the rest of the ingredients under the sauce. Mix well and turn off the heat.
- Check your noodles frequently while making the sauce. Once cooked, drain the water.
- Add noodles to the pan. Mix the noodles and the sauce well. Add green onions and cilantro. Top with egg or tofu.
After we finished eating, everyone had a thing or two to say, and, not surprisingly, we all felt that the ramen soaked up the sauce perfectly. This means you get to feel every bit of the flavor with every single bite you take: Yum! I also like this recipe because it takes only a few minutes to get ready.
Making this recipe with tomatoes, onions, red peppers and carrots was a great choice. Feel free to substitute with your favorite proteins and veggies.
What Type of Brown Rice Ramen Should I Buy?
For this recipe, I used Lotus organic millet and brown rice ramen. You can use this ramen too or substitute it with the below recommendations (as per your preference). I have tried everything and they were great!
Lotus Organic Millet and Brown Rice Ramen
Organic millet and brown rice pasta are manufactured by Lotus. It is vegan and gluten-free. A lot of people often ask if this ramen contains eggs. The answer is NO. It is made with only organic millet and brown rice. This ramen doesn’t come with any seasoning. So, you need to have yours, as they go well with whatever flavor you are using.
TIP: While making this ramen, make sure you don’t allow them to sit too long in the water, they will become mushy.
King Soba’s Organic Buckwheat Ramen
King Soba’s Ramen is produced from 100% organic brown rice, they are an amazing source of fiber. In addition, King’s Soba organic rice ramen is rich in antioxidants making them a treat for the body as well as the taste buds.
Features: 100% organic. Vegan. Wheat and gluten-free
Explore Cuisine’s brown rice ramen is made with organic, nutrient-rich whole grains, making it a healthy alternative to traditional ramen. You can pair this ramen effortlessly with your favorite spices, soups, and toppings. It contains no milk, eggs, fish, crustacean shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, or soy.
Big green’s organic brown rice ramen is Non-GMI and gluten-free. It is rich in antioxidants and fiber. Also, it takes only 5 minutes to prepare Big Green.
Brown rice contains high levels of magnesium, which makes you less vulnerable to heart disease and stroke. Need more brown rice recipes? Try these!
- Get this Brown Rice Quinoa Pasta ready in only 20 minutes
- I hope you make this Brown Rice Spaghetti. It is healthy, colorful and filing.
- Don’t have enough time? This Brown Rice Pasta with Broccoli takes only 15 minutes.
- Make this easy Brown Rice Crackers
- You can’t go wrong with this Brown Rice Noodles
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.