Bored of having traditional brown rice spaghetti? To put an end to your spaghetti boredom, and to make this spaghetti more tempting, today I will be adding oregano, caper, and topping this recipe with crispy garfish.
This recipe is healthy, colorful, and of course filling. It takes just 30 minutes and you will have this nourishing meal right in front of you. Warning! once you serve this to your friends, they will be asking for more. 😀
Let’s make this recipe!
Brown Rice Spaghetti With Oregano And Olive Sauce Recipe
San Remo Brown Rice Spaghetti 250g
- ⅓ cup Olive Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic Sliced
- 200 grams Cherry Tomatoes Cut into quarters
- 1 tbsp Baby Capers
- ½ cup Sicilian Green Olives Stones removed, Sliced
- 2 tbsp Fresh Oregano Leaves
Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 6 small Garfish Fillets
Rice flour for dusting
- Firstly, cook the spaghetti. Follow the packet directions here.
- On medium heat, stir the olive oil in a frying pan. Now, add garlic. Sauté for about 2 minutes.
- Add the green olives, tomatoes, capers, and oregano to a bowl.
- Add the olive oil and garlic and mix it well. Add seasoning to taste. Add the mixture to the pasta. Toss and keep aside.
- Trim the garfish fillets, removing fins or bones. Dust with rice flour.
- Using the same frypan, heat the vegetable oil and cook the garfish fillets. Fry on one side for 2 minutes. Turn to the other side and fry for 1 minute.
- Remove and drain on kitchen paper.
- To serve, divide the pasta mixture into 2 bowls, top each with 3 fillets of garfish and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
This recipe is special to me because the first day I tried it, I had just returned from violin classes. So, I got a mind-blowing compliment from my Instructor, and that put me in an ecstatic mood. (Yes, I play the violin😊)
Inspired, elated, and feeling like I owned the world, I entered the kitchen and decided to try something new.
Sometimes, cooking for the first time can go sour. You may even feel like the meal is talking to you, telling you to “try harder next time” but this delicious recipe came out smooth, perfect, and delicious.
Which Type of Brown Rice Spaghetti Should I Buy?
I have tried Jovial organic, San Remo, and TinkYada gluten-free spaghetti, and I would give them, a 5-star rating. Here is what you should know about these spaghetti(s), in case you choose to make use of any of them.
This spaghetti is made in Italy using time-honored production methods. It has an award-winning taste and texture. It offers the following;
- 57 g of whole grains per 2 oz. serving
- Cooks firm and tastes great with all types of sauces
- Produced in a dedicated gluten free facility
- Free of fish, milk, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, eggs, shellfish, and soy.
San Remo organic brown rice spaghetti is free of gluten, dairy products, eggs, and yeast. It contains no artificial flavors, colors, and preservatives.
This organic brown rice is ideal for anyone following a gluten-free diet.
TinkYada Brown Rice Spaghetti
Gluten-free and wheat-free. This product is made from stone-ground, quality rice and formed into gourmet class. You can cook it like regular pasta that contains no preservatives.
Looking for More Brown Rice Recipes? Try These!
Below are more nourishing and healthy brown rice recipes you should make.
- Make this Brown Rice Noodles with peanut sauce
- This homemade Brown Rice Pasta is flavorful, healthy and satisfying
- Making this Brown Rice Crackers for breakfast is a no brainer!
- Try this Brown Rice Spagetti. Make sure you use oregano and olive sauce. You can thank me later.
- This Brown Rice Ramen recipe is simply amazing to try