Brussel Sprouts and Kale’s marriage is similar to sweetened coleslaw with extra maple syrup, Craisins, and a crunch of pecans. This salad will leave behind all the other salads you’ve ever tried.
This delicious salad is prepared from fresh cruciferous vegetables. It includes Brussel Sprouts, Fresh Kale, Crunch Pecans, Soft Craisins, and a Sweet Dressing. This salad can be easily prepared for a weeknight meal. The Brussel Sprout and Kale Salad Cracker Barrel Recipe are specially prepared to cater to picky eaters.
No need to cook, sauté, bake or fry anything. Simply chop your greens, throw them in a bowl, mix and eat.
Brussel Sprout and Kale Salad Cracker Barrel Recipe
- Sharp Knife.
- Small Bowl.
- Cutting Board.
- Large Bowl.
Ingredients for Salad:
- ½ cup Craisins (add as per choice).
- 5 cup Thinly sliced Kale.
- ¾ cup Pecans.
- 5 cup Chopped Brussel sprouts.
- ½ cup Sugar.
- ¾ cup White Vinegar.
- ½ cup Maple Syrup (not sugar syrup).
- 1 tsp Salt.
- 1½ tsp Dijon Mustard.
- ½ cup Vegetable Oil.
Instructions for Salad:
Now, here is the process to create a simple and easy preparation Salad.
- Thoroughly wash Kale and let it dry before using it.
- Cut the root and discard the stalk of each Kale leaf. The stems can be difficult to eat.
- Roll each leaf like a cigar role, and cut the leaves as thinly as possible horizontally to break the longer pieces.
- Wash the Brussel Sprouts and let them dry as well. Cut the stem end and discard. Place each stem down and cut each sprout in half. Now keep the flat part of the sprout and slice as small as possible.
- Add 5 cups of chopped Kale and 5 cups of Brussel Sprouts in a large bowl, including Pecans and Craisins.
Instructions for Vinaigrette:
- Take a medium-sized bowl, mix Vegetable Oil, White Vinegar, Vegetable Oil, Salt, Maple Syrup, Sugar, and Dijon Mustard until it all comes together.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and stir. Refrigerate the salad for 30 minutes before you serve.
How Many Calories are there in this Brussel Sprout and Kale Salad Cracker Barrel Recipe?
One serving of the Brussel Sprout and Kale Salad contains around 357Kcalories. Additional nutrition’s includes:
- 42g Carbohydrates
- 5g Protein
- 21g Fat
- 12g Saturated Fat
- 334mg Sodium
- 503mg Potassium
- 3g Fiber
- 31g Sugar
- Vitamin A: 459IU
- Vitamin C: 97mg
- Calcium 116mg
- Iron 2mg
What Cuisine is Brussel Sprout and Kale Salad From?
This delicious, healthy, and leafy salad is a staple in many American houses. Often served as a side with steaks or roast beef, it pairs heavenly with any dish or without.
Tips For the Chef!
Want to make restaurant-style fresh Brussel Sprout and Kale Salad? Follow these tips
- Add a ½ cup of sliced Green Onions (finely chopped)
- ¼ Teaspoon of Liquid Smoke when dressing the salad.
- Slightly toast the Pecans before adding them to the salad. Toasted Pecans elevate the salad’s flavor.
Some More Variations
If you love to experiment with your food, here are some more variations for you to try. You can either reduce the amount of sweetness, add flavored vinegar or add different types of nuts. Here are some fun ideas:
- Add an ACV (Apple Cider Vinegar) or Sherry Flavored Vinegar
- If you run out of Maple Syrup, you can always replace it with Mirin.
- For a hint of spice, add a pinch of ground black pepper
- By reducing the amount of Craisins, you can cut down on the sugar to ¼ cup
- Replace Pecans with Pinenuts
Looking For More Leafy Goodness? Try These Recipes!
If you love eating fried food, especially green salads, try these amazing recipes from our collection and treat yourself to some good quality comfort food.
- If you like to keep it simple, then try this 131 Main Kale Salad Recipe
- Looking for something quick and easy, check out this Kale and Cabbage Recipe
- If you love to experiment with your cuisine, then this Whole Foods Cranberry Salad Recipe is your go-to.
- Are you on a diet and looking for something fresh and lightweight? This low-carb Whole Foods Garlicky Kale Recipe has got your back.
- Check out these amazing salmon recipes that won’t disappoint you: Kale Baby Recipe, Kale Bread Recipe, Apple-Bees Spinach, Shrimp Salad Recipe, Zoe’s Quinoa Salad Recipe, Kale and Carrot Recipe – A Healthy Vegan American Cuisine.
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.