Burnt Almonds can be used in various recipes to make them super delicious and delightful. Especially this Burnt Almond Recipe is full of crunchy buttery essence to give you a hunch of mesmerizing taste and flavors. Almond is a highly nutritious dry fruit originating from Western Asia and is now used worldwide in numerous forms and dishes. It is highly beneficial for the brain and eyes and plays a vital role in sharpening memory. The finest amalgamation of Sugar with Burnt Almonds is the perfect balance of crunch and flavor in its best way.
Almonds are the famous tree nuts that contain Proteins, Vitamin E, Fats, Fiber, and Magnesium. Having an impressive nutrient profile, Almonds extend a range of health benefits that include lowering blood sugar levels and cholesterol levels. Particularly, the Magnesium in it aids in reducing blood pressure. They are also the best dietary item for weight loss as it helps reduce hunger. They possess low carbs, which is why they are considered weight loss-friendly food despite being high in Fats. Additionally, the Almond skin is polyphenol antioxidants rich that prevent oxidation of cholesterol and protects against oxidative stress and heart diseases.
Burnt Almond Recipe
- 1 cup Sugar.
- ⅓ cup Normal Sugar.
- ½ cup Water.
- 1 tsp Grounded Cinnamon.
- 2 cups Raw Almonds.
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence.
- First of all, take a small bowl and mix Vanilla extract and Granulated Sugar in it. Stir it well until it’s blended properly and set aside.
- Take a large baking pan, line it with parchment paper, and set it aside.
- It is important to note that you should use a large saucepan with a heavy bottom that will aid you in stirring the Almonds with a wooden spoon and make sure that you are not using a nonstick pan.
- Now add Water, Cinnamon, and 1 cup of Sugar to the saucepan to bring it to a boil on medium heat.
- Once it is boiled, add Almonds to it.
- Turn the heat to high; cook it well while constantly stirring the Almonds until the Water is completely gone; Sugar dries up and starts sticking on the Almonds.
- Soon after the Water evaporates and Sugar dries out, reduce the flame or heat to medium-low. This all happens fast, so you have to be vigilant and constantly stir on the lower heat until all the Almonds get shiny candy coating evenly.
- Then immediately add the remaining Sugar (1/3 cup) already mixed with the Vanilla essence and keep stirring.
- As the fresh Almonds continue cooking, they will start to pop and crack, which is normal. The best-cooked Almonds are a little shiny and still lumpy, so to make it smooth, pretty shiny, and a bit lumpy, keep on stirring when Sugar will start melting.
- Now remove the saucepan from heat and spread the Almonds carefully on the parchment paper in the baking pan. While cooling, break them apart as much as you can. Do that carefully as they are hot, and don’t touch them with your fingers. Always use a spoon.
- Once the Burnt Almonds are completely cooled, store them in an airtight jar or container.
Note: These Almonds can be kept for 2 weeks.
- Furthermore, you can also enjoy other homemade candies like this, including Apple Cider Caramel and English Toffee. You can top these candies with grated Almonds to make a perfect bite of crunchy buttery toffee.
Burnt Almond Recipe; Calories Count
- Sugar (1 cup) – 800 cal
- Ground Cinnamon (1 teaspoon) – 6.42 cal
- Raw Almonds (2 cups) – 1652 cal
- Vanilla essence (1 teaspoon) – 30 cal
Nutritional Value of Burnt Almond Recipe
- Carbohydrates 98 g
- Dietary Fibers 2 g
- Sugar 71 g
- Protein 11 g
- Fat 45 g
- Saturated Fat 24 g
- Cholesterol 171 mg
- Sodium 593 mg
- Potassium 342 mg
- Vitamin A 1330 IU
- Vitamin C 0.1 mg
- Calcium 183 mg
- Iron 1.2 mg
- If you want to try some other Almonds recipes, a few of the best ones are Almond Meltaways and Almond Milk.
- A variety of healthy and tasty recipes are waiting for the food lovers, try; Bodybuilding Salmon Recipe, Bobby Flay Kale Recipe, Battered Salmon Recipe, Beet Leaves Recipe Indian Delight, Berghoff Creamed Spinach Recipe, BJ’s Spinach Artichoke Dip Recipe, Bob Evans Peanut Butter Pie Recipe, and Best Copper River Salmon with Bean Salad Recipe.
“To have a perfect bite of sweet Almond bliss, just put the right amount of Almond frosting with buttery sweetness.“
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.