Want to stay forever wealthy? Eat healthily!
It can be tough to switch to a healthier, vegan lifestyle when you have a family of picky eaters. The ones who would rather have a pack of Doritos for supper than a plate of vegetables. Getting them to eat with no time at hand can make you lose your appetite in the process.
But, what if we tell you the secret?
You can make your kids eat whatever you put on the table without any drama. It lies in the easy yet delectable recipes I have perfected for you, like this stir fry Cabbage Spinach Recipe.
Cabbage Spinach Recipe
Ingredients for Stir Fry Cabbage and Spinach Recipe
- 6 cups Shredded or chopped Spinach.
- 4 cups Chopped Cabbage.
- 3 tbsp Olive oil (or any cooking oil you prefer).
- 1 tbsp Cumin.
- 1 tbsp Mustard Seeds.
- 1 cup Overnight soaked and slight boiled Chickpeas (optional).
- 1 tbsp Overnight soaked Chana Dal (optional).
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice.
- 1 tbsp Chili Powder.
- Salt to taste.
- Dash of Black Pepper Powder.
- A hint of Ginger Garlic Paste.
- Take a wok or a frying pan, add in the oil, and heat on medium-high flame.
- Add in the mustard seeds, cumin, chana dal, and chickpeas, fry until golden brown.
- Add in the cabbage and cook for 4 minutes.
- Add in the Spinach and salt, stir well.
- Put on the lid and cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Add in the remaining spices and stir well to mix.
- Serve it hot with rice or roti!
Stir Fry Cabbage Spinach Recipe; You are What You Eat!
The Cabbage Spinach Recipe comes from the Indian Subcontinent. And you can have it as a side dish or the main course.
If you are, looking for healthier and spinach-y recipes to cook an impressive restaurant-style cuisine over the weekend, try out the following:
- Begin with a healthy appetizer such as a Spinach Salad, or a Spinach and Shrimp Salad
- For the main course, get our Spinach Dal Recipe, Lemon and Pepper Smoked Salmon or Some Spinach Feta Chicken Sausage on the list.
- After a healthy meal, treat your kids with even a more nutritious dessert such as White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups, Raspberry Almond Tart, or Almond Ice Cream.
Cabbage and Spinach; Two Nutritional Powerhouses
Popeye and our state-of-the-art recipes are the only way to make your kids fall in love with Spinach!
Cabbage is packed with vitamin C and K, while Spinach has high vitamin A, C, K, and iron levels. However, both are low in cholesterol, and cooking them together is what health looks like on a plate!
This Cabbage Spinach Recipe contains only 100 calories in one complete serving.
What Can You Service with Cabbage Spinach Recipe?
You can always make bland food enjoyable. To make the Cabbage and Spinach look a little more appealing, pair it up with rice, flatbread, and flaked salmon or even stake; because it is always good to have a plan B if plan A backfires.
Can You Store Stir Fry Cabbage and Spinach?
It is a big NO from us, and we never recommend storing cooked veggies because the taste, nutrition, and appearance go stale. However, to save you the hassle of cooking from scratch, you can chop and freeze the raw vegetables in a vacuum bag.
Eat Healthily, Stay Healthy.
When you think of buying junk because you do not want to spend the day in the kitchen, remember that there is no space for sickness when you make time for your wellness.
So, what are your you waiting for? Grab your cooking apron and impress your family with your cooking skills. This excellent stir fry cabbage and spinach recipe is a treat for all your senses; sight, taste, and smell!
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.