Every day dinner drama typically happens in every household because you cannot make everyone eat the same thing. Satisfying the taste buds is the biggest struggle of all, and when you are a foodie like me, there is no such thing as “ordinary food.” Going extra fancy and adding a restaurant-style touch takes every dish to the next level. Therefore, when I tried the delicious California Pizza Kitchen Asparagus Spinach Spaghettini Recipe last weekend and craved it again, I decided to make it home.
And my endeavor led me to perfect this almost close to the original California Pizza Kitchen Asparagus and Spinach Spaghettini Recipe.
California Pizza Kitchen Asparagus Spinach Spaghettini Recipe
- 1 pound Asparagus (chopped in half).
- 1 pound Baby Spinach.
- 2 cup Mushrooms, sliced.
- 2 cup Green Onions, chopped.
- 4 cloves Minced or chopped Garlic.
- 4 tbsp fresh Basil.
- 2 cup Cheddar Cheese.
- 2 cup Mozzarella Cheese.
- 1 cup Romano Cheese for topping (optional).
- 1 pound Spaghettini (you can use Spinach Spaghetti).
- Salt to taste.
- Italian seasoning to taste.
- White Pepper to taste.
if you want to make your spaghettini meaty, you can add shredded Chicken or some Shrimps.
- Take a deep pan, add in water, green onions, the bottom part of chopped asparagus, garlic, salt, pepper, seasoning, and basil leaves and cook on a medium flame for 5-8 min.
- Break spaghetti the length of your choice (preferably in half) and add to it when the ingredients in the pan come to a boil.
- Add some more water if needed, ensure that the spaghettini is covered in the sauce.
- When spaghettini becomes tender, add spinach, mushrooms, cheese, and the remaining asparagus.
- Cook on low heat until spinach is fully cooked.
- Garnish with some more cheese, and serve hot with garlic bread or as you prefer!
Asparagus and Spinach Spaghettini; The Belly Rules the Mind!
From spaghetti to penne and ravioli, pasta is Italian cuisine, loved by all. From kids to adults, pasta is a versatile dish that can be a treat for your vegan friend or fine cuisine for your meat-lover family. And, the best thing about pasta is you can add in it anything you like, and as much as you like; so why not make it healthy.
This Asparagus and Spinach Spaghettini is a healthy yet delightful alternative that you can add to your weight loss journey. In addition, if you are looking for similar recipes that can enhance your healthy lifestyle, you can try the following.
- If you are bored with the oh-so-dry salads or diet foods, try Berghoff Creamed Spinach Recipe, Bobby Flay Kale Recipe, or the BJ’s Artichoke Spinach Dip for more taste.
- For all the meat lovers out there, get in the kitchen and try any of these Battered Salmon, Copper Rich Salmon, or Steak and Kale Recipe.
- And what is the best way to end your meal? A dessert. Try these Almond Meltaways and thank us later.
Calories in Asparagus and Spinach Spaghettini
Pasta is generally low in calories, 130 calories in 100 grams; hence pasta does not make you fat; it is how much you eat it. Already rich in Carbohydrates and Potassium, adding Spinach and Asparagus enriches pasta with Iron, Fiber, and Sodium.
However, the one we make similar to California Pizza Kitchen has 1000 calories in one serving order size.
Is Spaghettini Different from Spaghetti?
There are various kinds of pasta. Spaghetti is the most common form of noodle that is used around the world. Spaghettini is just a thinner form of spaghetti that takes lesser time to cook.
Can you Store the Asparagus and Spinach Spaghettini?
Well, I do not know about you, but trust me, I love some extra pizza and spaghettini or pasta stored in my fridge that I can warm up and eat any time I want, without the hassle of cooking.
However, with added vegetables in pasta, I would recommend do not store it for long, as stale veggies can alter the look and taste of the spaghettini. Therefore, if you want to store the Asparagus and Spinach Spaghettini, put it in an airtight box and keep it in the fridge for no more than 3 days and 5-7 days in the freezer.
With Spaghettini, Life only gets better.
This California Pizza Kitchen Asparagus and Spinach Spaghettini Recipe will take your mind and taste buds back to the time when you had it in the restaurant. So try this recipe, and treat your friends.