Finding low-calorie foods that taste delicious can be tough for a foodie who is also a fitness freak. Especially when you have just switched to veganism, tasteless food can make you question your decision. And we do not want that. Make it for your breakfast, take it as lunch for your office or serve it as dinner to your family.
This easy-to-cook California Pizza Kitchen Lettuce Wrap Recipe is an all-rounder and never fails to impress your taste buds.
California Pizza Kitchen Lettuce Wrap Recipe
- 2 pound Boneless, shredded ground Chicken (optional).
- 2 head Iceberg Lettuce (you can use Butterhead Lettuce too).
- 1 head Organic cauliflower.
- 2-3 cup Finely shredded or chopped Carrots.
- 1 cup Soy-free Soy Sauce.
- 2 tbsp Hoisin Sauce.
- 1 tbsp Chili Paste.
- A few drops of Rice Wine Vinegar.
For the topping, you can use anything you like: Cashews, Sesame Seeds, Green Onions, Olives.
For the sauce:
- 2 tbsp Unsweetened, creamy Peanut Butter (you can use homemade Peanut Butter too).
- 2 tbsp Soy-free,1 Soy Sauce.
- 3-4 tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar ( Add more if the sauce is too thick).
You can also add a few drops of lime to add a citrusy hint, but this is optional.
- In a pan, cook the chicken until brown, or it becomes ground.
- Throw in the chili paste, soy-free soy sauce, and hoisin sauce. Mix well to coat the chicken pieces completely.
- Add the finely chopped cauliflower to the chicken mixture and mix well.
- Add a few drops of rice wine vinegar, and stir.
- Add in the carrots and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the cheese and turn off the stove.
For the sauce:
- Warm up the peanut butter for 12-15 seconds in the microwave.
- Add in the rice wine vinegar and the soy-free soy sauce.
- Mix well until the desired consistency is achieved. (Add in a splash of lime juice if you like).
- Add in ¼ cup of the filling in the lettuce cups; top it with cheese and veggies.
- Pour the sauce into a bowl.
- Serve while still warm!
Lettuce Wrap – Good Food Is a Wiser Medicine!
It is a hard-to-believe claim that you can make a lettuce wrap that tastes similar or even better than the one you have at California Pizza Kitchen with your friends. However, with this recipe, it is a dream come true.
Moreover, the best part? You can add as many veggies and meat you want to pack it with some extra nutrition and without the fear of putting on any extra weight.
For more healthy yet decadent, hassle-free recipes, you can try the following:
- Try our Salmon Patty, Spinach Quiche, and Battered Salmon Recipe for all the weight-watchers whose tastes buds are a little bored.
- After years of trial and error, we have perfected the best gluten-free desserts for you. Try our Bob Evan’s Peanut Butter Pie or White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups.
- If you want a refreshing yet nutritious drink, make this Almond Milk and Almond Baileys recipe.
Lettuce Wrap; Health and Nutrition in Every Bite!
Originated from China, Lettuce Wraps are now a part of many cuisines around the world. They are highly recommended by nutritionists if you are going vegan or trying to adopt a healthier lifestyle. We all know, wraps are usually made with tortillas, but that increases the calories and compromises the nutritional benefits.
Wrapping the filling made out of veggies and/or meat makes it a superfood. Lettuce is rich in vitamins A and C, along with Iron and Fiber. And guess what, a full cup of chopped Lettuce contains less than 10 Calories, so eat as much as you like!
Can you Store the California Pizza Kitchen Lettuce Wrap?
A refrigerator full of ready-to-eat homemade food is what I call true happiness. However, I do not recommend storing it after it is fully prepped with this recipe because the Lettuce might go all stale.
Therefore, it is best to prepare and store the filling and the sauce separately. So, when it is time to eat, just wrap it all in fresh Lettuce and enjoy! This California Pizza Kitchen Lettuce Wrap filling and peanut sauce can be store in an airtight jar for 3-5 days in the fridge and up to 2 weeks in the freezer.
Let Us Call It a Wrap!
Try this California Pizza Kitchen Lettuce Wrap at your home and invite your family over the weekend because a fine dine-in at home is way better and not to mention cheaper than in a restaurant!
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.