With Salmon, eat healthy and better, not less. People spend hundreds of dollars to buy the supplements that can “supposedly” keep them healthy. What if we tell you that the genius way to adapt to a better lifestyle is not to break the bank but break the lazy cooking habits? Keeping health in consideration, today, I will be sharing with you this amazing Caribbean Salmon Ball Recipe.
Salmon is considered a “super brain food” and for all the right reasons. Salmon is a great way to substitute unhealthy choices without taking the “taste away” from your food and life. Therefore, after multiple experiments with several ingredients, I have perfected a decadent homemade procedure of making Caribbean Salmon Balls.
Try it once, and I bet it will become an irreplaceable weekly dinner dish on your menu!
Caribbean Salmon Ball Recipe
Ingredients you need for this recipe:
- 4 Pounds Fresh or canned (skinned) Salmon fillet. Cut into small 1-1.5 inches pieces.
- 2 Medium-sized Onions (peeled and chopped)
- 3 Cloves of chopped or minced Garlic.
- ½ cup Chopped fresh Cilantro.
- ½ cup Breadcrumbs.
- 2 Eggs (lightly beaten).
- Salt to taste.
- 1 tsp Black Pepper (freshly ground or powdered).
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil.
- A skillet full of Cooking Oil for frying.
Here is how to make the best Salmon Balls!
- Put the skillet full of oil or medium heat so that the oil gets nice and hot while we prepare the Salmon Balls.
- Pulse to ground and combine the salmon, onion, garlic, and cilantro in a blender or food processor.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl; add in the breadcrumbs, eggs, salt, and pepper.
- Oil your hands, and make the balls of the desired shape out of the mixture.
- By now, the oil on the stove must be hot. So add in the balls and fry until golden and crisp.
- Drain them on a paper towel.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Caribbean Salmon Balls- A Healthy Take On Meatballs!
Native to the lands of France and now part of many culinary cuisines around the world, fish cakes are not something unheard of. Baked or fried salmon balls are just an altered version of fish cakes and croquettes, almost similar in taste but different in shape.
Salmon balls are a conglomerate of healthy ingredients that come together to give your taste buds a ride to heaven. Serve them as an appetizer at your next party, or make them for your family as lunch or dinner. It makes a versatile dish that will make you appear like a one-of-a-kind chef.
Apart from our pan-fried Caribbean Salmon Balls, here are some of the amazing salmon-containing restaurant-style dishes with easy ingredients.
- Try Bradley Smoker Salmon, Canned Salmon and Grits, and Green Egg Salmon Recipe for all meat lovers.
- You can always make your boring food like Carrot and Spinach or Boston Lettuce more delicious by adding dips such as Yard House Spinach Dip.
Caribbean Salmon Balls; Let’s Get High on Nutrients!
The biggest concern for weight watchers or mothers with fussy eaters in the family is to put as much nutrition and taste on the table as possible.
Salmon is an excellent source of protein, sodium, and good fats. In addition, it is low on cholesterol, with only 120 calories in one serving. Nutritionists worldwide highly recommend incorporating Salmon-centric meals at least weekly or biweekly as it has gazillion health benefits. Salmon can save you from many health hazards by reducing inflammation, burning fat, and controlling sugar and blood pressure.
And if next time the teacher says your “kids struggles in studying,” try upgrading their meals with Salmon. FDA has stated that Salmon can improve IQ levels, especially if consumed during pregnancy.
Can You Store Salmon Balls?
Our refrigerators are mostly packed with pre-cooked and ready-to-eat canned foods or junk. However, they may only be filling you up with food, but not your body with health.
Therefore, whenever you get time to cook healthy, it is always smart to store some extra. Although most foods cannot be stored, the Salmon Balls can stay good in the fridge in an airtight box, unfried. You prepare the balls and store them in the fridge for 5-7 days while for months in the freezer.
Just toss them in a skillet full of hot oil after bringing them to room temperature, and fry to your heart’s content!
Up For Grabs!
With salmon, the day just gets better. Put our fail-proof Caribbean Salmon Balls on the dinner table over the weekend, and make your family and friends crave for more.
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.