Carolina Ale House is famous for many things, but one of the most commonly requested recipes is their Spinach Dip. Creamy, cheesy, and delicious, it’s the perfect combo for many dishes – fish, salads, chicken, you name it!
So today, we’re going to share with you the Carolina Ale House Spinach Dip recipe so that you don’t have to yearn for the delicacy anymore.
Carolina Ale House Spinach Dip Recipe
- 1 tbsp Olive oil (divided).
- 1 Small Onion (finely chopped).
- 2 Garlic cloves (minced).
- 2 Packets of Frozen Spinach (10 oz., thawed, drained, and chopped).
- ½ cup Cup Milk.
- 6 oz Cream Cheese.
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese (shredded, divided).
- ¼th cup Cheddar cheese (shredded).
- 2 dashes of Worcestershire sauce.
- Black pepper (ground, to taste).
- Salt (to taste).
How to Make Carolina Ale House Spinach Dip.
Now that you’ve got the ingredients, here’s how to make this rich and appetizing spinach dip:
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit (220degrees Celsius).
- Take one teaspoon olive oil and grease a one and a half quart shallow baking dish.
- Take another two teaspoons of olive oil and heat over medium flame in a large pot.
- Add onion and garlic and cook for about 4 to 7minutes till slightly brown.
- Add spinach and cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes till the spinach becomes hot.
- Strain any liquid from this mixture and transfer it into a bowl.
- To the hot and now empty pot, add milk and return to medium heat.
- Add cream cheese to the milk and melt. Stir for about 3 minutes to mix well.
- Add the spinach back to this mixture, along with½ cup mozzarella and cheddar cheese. Mix to combine evenly. Add Worcestershire sauce, pepper, and salt to taste as seasoning.
- Pour everything into the pre-prepared baking dish; top with remaining ½ cup mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 20 to 25 minutes or till the mixture begins to bubble and turns golden brown on top.
How Many Calories Does Carolina Ale House Spinach Dip Have?
This recipe contains 115 calories per serving (i.e., about 2 tablespoons per person). Additional caloric information is given below:
- Protein 6.1g
- Carbohydrates 3.9g
- Fat 8.8g
- Cholesterol 24.9mg
- Sodium 155mg
Spinach dip can remain in the refrigerator for about 3 to 4 days, but it’s important that it remains chilled at all times.
For storing a larger portion of leftover spinach dip, simply transfer it to a ziplock bag or freezer-safe container with an airtight lid and freeze it. It can remain good for as long as 2 months!
Let the dip thaw completely in the refrigerator when you want to enjoy it yourself or serve it at a meal. Then, reheat in the microwave until it is hot through, and remember to keep stirring after every 30 seconds or so. Avoid overheating.
Tips for Making the Best Carolina Ale House Spinach Dip
- Make sure to monitor the temperature of your oven and pot while cooking.
- You can thicken a runny spinach dip by adding more spinach or salsa with chopped tomatoes. This will also increase the vegetable content and nutritional value of your dip.
- For recipes containing liquids such as water and milk, cut their amounts in half. Add more liquid if your dip seems too thick or past-like.
- Substituting some cottage cheese for milk can help preserve the creamy flavor.
- Cut the cheese into small cubes and blend them in the spinach gradually and in small amounts till you obtain the desired consistency.
- It’s better to mix the dip using a fork rather than in a food processor. Always mix gently to avoid mashing your diced ingredients to retain the thick and chunky consistency.
- Looking for something to go with your delicious spinach dip? How about this Beer Salmon Recipe, Baked Salmon Belly Recipe, and Baked Furikake Salmon Recipe!
- In the mood for some appetizing dips and salad? Look into our 131 Main Kale Salad Recipe, Asiago Creamy Spinach Recipe, and Apple-Bees Spinach and Shrimp Salad Recipe.
- Dessert? How about some Raspberry Almond Tart, Bob Evans Peanut Butter Pie, Almond delight cake & White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups?