Carrabba is the brand name derived from “The Sharp Hint of New Tears”, which is an American restaurant that offers Italian-American Cuisine. With Jay Smith as the current culinary expert, the Carrabba food chain has over 199 company-owned restaurants all over America. Both Italian and American cuisines have made their mark globally with their delicious offerings. And today I will be sharing with you the easiest way to prepare Carrabba’s Italian Lettuce Wrap Recipe at home.
Carrabba’s Italian Lettuce Wrap Recipe is perfect for a light meal and can even serve as a wholesome meal if we add more veggies to it. All in all, with fewer cooking requirements, the recipe is sure to impress you because of its simple and at-home list of ingredients.
So, whether it’s lunch or late-night meals, this Lettuce delight will serve you right.
Carrabba’s Italian Lettuce Wrap Recipe
- 2 whole Chicken Breasts.
- ½ cup Home-Made Italian Sauce/Dressing.
- Iceberg Lettuce leaves.
- Tomato, diced into slices
- Onion sliced into rings (red or white)
- Avocado, cut into slices
- The start of the recipe requires you to marinate the chicken in a homemade Italian sauce that is easy and simple to make, with no extensive cooking required. Take Red or White Wine Vinegar, Olive Oil, Garlic and Onion Powder, Dried Oregano and Basil, Salt and Pepper, Crushed Red Pepper, and Lemon Juice. Shake all the ingredients well in a jar, and your Italian dressing is good to go.
- Marinate your chicken for an hour in this Italian Sauce. This margination can also go as long as 8-10 hours for tastes to go deep within the Chicken.
- Grill the marinated chicken pieces until they are brown and tender. Make sure they are cooked from both sides.
- Dice the marinated Chicken into thin slices.
- Take up the Lettuce Leaves and shape them as warps or cups. A good-sized Lettuce Leaf goes well for one wrap each.
- Start filling the wraps with marinated Chicken slices, Onion and Tomato rings or slices, and Avocado.
- Sprinkle little amounts of your Italian Sauce onto the wraps for better taste.
- You can also try adding Pickles, Bell Peppers, and Sprouts or even shredded Cheese of your choice to add some extra flavor to the recipe. Although we prefer to keep it simple, flavorsome yet nutritious
How to Store Home-Made Italian Sauce for Long?
Pick a good air-tight container and pour all the remaining sauce in it. You can save it in the refrigerator for as long as 2 weeks. One thing that has to be certain is a tight lid or seal. You can use the same Homemade Italian Sauce for marinating Chicken or even pour it on Pasta or Salads as dressings.
How to Keep Lettuce Fresh?
Storing a full head of Lettuce is easy. You can wrap it in a damp paper towel while putting the head in a plastic bag, and then store it in a refrigerator. In case you are storing individual Lettuce leaves make sure to spin them dry prior to storing them. While storing it’s always a great idea to put them in a container to avoid bacteria and bruising.
Carrabba’s Italian Lettuce Wrap Recipe – Nutritional Value
- Calories 213Kcal
- Carbs 5g
- Dietary Fiber 2g
- Sugar 5g
- Fats 11g
- Proteins 18g
- Sodium 525mg
- Cholesterol 44mg
Looking for More Green Treasures? Check Out Below
- Want to give more variations to Lettuce? Try California Pizza Kitchen Lettuce Wrap Recipe, Steak Lettuce Wraps Recipe, Boston Lettuce Recipe, Yard House Lettuce Wraps Recipe, Yard House Chicken Lettuce Wraps Recipe and Dutch Lettuce Recipe.
- Spinach lovers will enjoy trying Stouffer’s Spinach Soufflé, Barefoot Contessa Spinach Pie Recipe, and Barilla Spinach Lasagna Recipe.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe, give it a try and let me know of your experiences in the comments sections. Ciao 🙂