Carrabba is widespread for its appetizers offering, but adding what they call ‘Small Plates‘ to their menu has taken their standards to a whole new level! Small Plates features six lunch and dinner dishes, with inventive flavors that are only under $6 with less than 600 calories! And today I will be sharing with you Carrabba’s Lettuce Wraps Recipe, consisting of Grilled Chicken, and Vegetables topped with a Mediterranean Lemon Vinaigrette and wine.
So, without further ado, let’s jump onto the process and ingredients through which you can make this amazing dish at home.
Carrabba’s Lettuce Wraps Recipe
Ingredients for Making Carrabba's Lettuce Wraps
Preparing Lettuce Wrap mixture/filling:
- 10 cups Roasted Chicken pieces (roughly shredded).
- 2 cups Red and Yellow Bell Peppers(roasted, drained and patted dry, roughly chopped).
- 1¼ cups Red Onion (paper-thin slices).
- ¾ cup Italian Parsley leaves (fresh, chopped).
- ¾ cup Almonds (slivered, toasted).
- ½ cup Capers (drained).
- 1½ cups Red Wine Vinaigrette.
- Salt (to taste).
- Black Pepper (freshly ground).
- 24 Butter Lettuce leaves (from about 3 large heads).
- 1 Piece of Parmesan (4 oz., shaved).
Ingredients for the Red Wine:
- ½ cup Red Wine Vinegar.
- ¼ cup Lemon juice.
- 2 tsp Honey.
- 2 tsp Salt.
- Black pepper (freshly ground).
- 1 cup Olive Oil.
How to Make Carrabba's Lettuce Wraps?
Preparing Red Wine Vinaigrette:
- Combine Vinegar, Salt, Honey, Lemon Juice, and Pepper in a blender. While blending, slowly add Oil and other blends till emulsified.
Follow this recipe to prepare delicious Carrabba-Style Lettuce Wraps:
- Take a large bowl. Add Shredded Chicken, Onion, Bell Peppers, Parsley, Capers, and Almonds with good Red Wine Vinaigrette to moisten all ingredients. Season with Salt and Pepper (to taste) and toss to mix.
TIP: To save time, you can prepare the Chicken Salad about 4 hours ahead and refrigerate it. When it's time to serve, spoon it into the lettuce cups.
Can You Store Carrabba’s Lettuce Wraps?
You can wrap a lettuce head in aluminum foil or plastic cling and freeze it. Similarly, you can make some chicken salad, place it in an airtight container and freeze for up to a week or so. Then, when it’s time to make your lettuce wraps, defrost and assemble. You can keep lettuce wraps in the fridge for as long as three days in an airtight container. But they won’t look or taste quite as fresh. Hence, it is recommended that you prepare the fresh vinaigrette.
Tips for Making the Best Carrabba’s Lettuce Wraps Recipe
- Use fresh Lettuce leaves; avoid brown and wilting ones.
- You can substitute Butter Lettuce with Romaine and Iceberg lettuce for a crunchier taste and ease of wrapping.
- Keep the ingredients separate until ready to serve. Then, place the juicy ingredients in the center of the lettuce cup.
- Use a reasonable amount of dressing so that the wraps do not become soggy.
Looking for More Recipes? Have a Go at These!
- Want to impress friends coming over for dinner? Try our California Pizza Kitchen Asparagus Spinach Spaghettini Recipe, Caribbean Spinach Rice Recipe, Big Green Egg Smoked Salmon Recipe, and Canned Salmon and Grits Recipe for a perfect night!
- Want some healthy desserts? This Burnt Almond Cake, Swedish Almond Cake IKEA Recipe, and Canna Peanut Butter Recipe are different, delicious and filled with nutrients!