Everybody wants to make the best out of vegetables. Something that lures your taste buds and offers you nourishment in a single meal. But what if I tell you that there is a dish that is easy-to-cook, lip-smacking, and packed with nutrients at the same time? Today I will be sharing with you the Carrot and Spinach Recipe, which is full of colors and flavors and require little cooking time. This light American side dish has amazing health benefits, making it an excellent choice for every home.
Nutritionists declared the Spinach-Carrot Veggie Combo along with apples is one of the best detoxifying juices for your body. It helps cleanse your entire bloodstream and also assists in generating red blood cells, which ultimately gives your body a powerful boost of energy. Most importantly, the entire Carrot and Spinach Recipe takes only about ten minutes to prep and five minutes to cook. Well, can it get any better? let’s check out.
Carrot and Spinach Recipe
- 1 pound Spinach or 2 cups of baby Carrots.
- 2 Medium-sized Garlic cloves, crushed into small pieces or 1 tablespoon of minced Garlic.
- 1 tsp Minced Ginger.
- 2 Medium-sized fresh Carrots, cut into small pieces.
- ½ cup Green Onions chopped into rings or long slices.
- 1 Chicken breast, sliced into thin strips (optional).
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil.
- 2 tbsp Red Chili Flakes.
- ½ tsp Salt (more or less as per taste).
- ½ tsp Pepper (more or less as per taste).
- Lemon Juice ( as per preference).
- Pour in some Olive Oil and fry your Chicken with Salt, Pepper, and Chili Flakes.
- Take a large non-stick pan, stir fry or sauté Carrots, Garlic, and Ginger in Olive Oil on a medium to low flame for 5 minutes. Sauté until the Carrots are soft or crunchy as per your preference.
- Now add the chopped Green Onions with Salt, Pepper, and Red Chili Flakes. Stir fry for one more minute, adding Spinach in-between the frying until Spinach gets cooked. Remember that baby Spinach gets cooked in a minute or two, whereas regular Spinach takes at least 5-6 minutes.
- Sprinkle little amounts of Lemon Juice after you take out the pan from the heat.
- Remove the contents of the pan in a serving dish and add the fried, shredded Chicken into it. If you opted for any other toppings, add them to mix well in the pan.
- Your Spinach and Carrot Recipe bowl is ready to eat!
Why Choose Carrots and Spinach?
The blend of these two veggies is one of the most powerful combos for healthy red blood cell production in the body. Rich in Vitamin A, C, K, Vitamin B, Iron, and Potassium work together miraculously to fight any blood disorders and prevent the body from going through low hemoglobin or anemic conditions.
Considering the weather, green and leafy vegetables are also great to keep you warm by circulating blood in your body all winter long. This gets better in summers when Carrot and Spinach together give you the strength to fight the heat by creating a vitamin-rich environment for your body.
1 serving of Carrot and Spinach Recipe contains the following nutrients;
- Calories 187 kcal
- Fat 6.3g
- Cholesterol 49.2g
- Sodium 143.5mg
- Potassium 792mg
- Carbohydrates 11.1g
- Protein 22.5g
- Vitamin A 268.5%, Vitamin B-12, 5.4%, Vitamin B-6 39.1%, Vitamin C 39.8%, Vitamin E 10.5%
- Calcium 10.1%
- Iron 14.6%
- Zinc 8.3%
Adding More Flavor to Spinach and Carrot Recipe?
You can add sliced Mushrooms, fresh Tomatoes cut into slices, Olives, or even Cherry Tomatoes. Chicken is also an additional topping that adds to the flavor and provides wholesomeness and goodness to the dish.
More Easy-to-Cook Spinach Recipes to Try
- Want to add the newness to Spinach? Try Yats Spinach Mushroom Etouffee Recipe.
- Create a delectable dish by trying Tilapai and Spinach Recipe that only takes an hour to cook.
- Enjoy restaurant-like food at home by using Capital Grille Creamed Spinach Recipe.
- The perfect blend of a creamy, cheesy dip that goes well with everything you eat; Carolina Ale House Spinach Dip Recipe, BJ’s Spinach Artichoke Dip Recipe.
- Make Buffalo Wild Wings Spinach Dip Recipe; let your family dive in the flavors of dips and create it at home, easily.
- Nobody says no to healthy combos. Give Cabbage Spinach Recipe a try if you are vegan, and you won’t stop loving it!
- Try Chicago’s ultra-famous Berghoff Creamed Spinach Recipe.
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.