Nobody does justice to food other than people who originate it in the first place. The famous Mexican Food, Enchiladas, goes back to when people used to fold food into Tortillas. Later, it evolved into Enchiladas, giving birth to the all-time American-Mexican restaurant Casa Ole. Founded by Larry Forehand, Casa Ole has over 29 outlets all over America but originally started in Texas. And based on the recipe’s popularity, today I will be sharing with you Casa Ole Spinach Enchilada Recipe, which will not only add a star to your Mexican cuisine list but will serve as a treat for your taste buds.
This recipe is covered in Cream, Cheese, Spinach, and Mushrooms, all of them stacking the dish with flavors and aromas that are hard to resist. With countless picks of how to dress it with different ingredients, the dish is an absolute stunner to be served in front of guests. Perfect for summers and springs, this light veggies dish is a choice for all!
So, without further ado, let’s jump onto the recipe and ingredients.
Casa Ole Spinach Enchilada Recipe
- 12 Tortillas, Flour or Corn( as per your taste preference).
- 1½ cup Monterey Jack Cheese, grated or shredded.
- 1 tbsp Butter.
- 1 Medium-sized onion, cut into small pieces.
- 2 Garlic cloves, crushed or minced.
- 1 lb. Mushrooms, fresh or canned, sliced into thin pieces.
- ¼ cup White Wine.
- 12 oz Fresh green Spinach leaves, coarsely cut.
- ¼ cup Lime juice.
- ¾ cup Water.
- Salt to season.
- 1 tbsp Chicken Bouillon Granule.
- 1 tbsp Garlic powder.
- 1½ cup Sour cream.
- ½ cup Cilantro, coarsely chopped.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and start with the next steps to prepare the sauce and the veggie mixture.
- Take a large-sized pan and heat Butter onto it on medium flame. Let it melt to add Onions and sauté it for 5 minutes. Next, add the chopped Garlic and sliced Mushrooms and fry them until soft and tender. Let the molten butter mix well into the ingredients.
- From the Onion and Mushroom mixture, keep half of it aside for the sauce preparation.
- Pour in some White Wine and cook the remaining mixture in the pan for 2 minutes.
- Now add the cut Spinach into the pan until the Spinach becomes soft and wilted. Add salt to taste and keep the pan aside.
- For the sauce: Add Water, Wine, Salt, Chicken Bouillon Granule, and Garlic Powder in a small saucepan. Keep stirring to mix well with the ingredients. When everything seems to blend well, add the remaining Onion and Mushroom mixture with Sour Cream and Cilantro.
- Soften the tortillas by wrapping them in paper towels in a microwave for just a minute or less.
- Fill the warmed-up Tortillas with the veggie mixture and roll them. Place them seam side down on a 9 X 13-inch pan greased with butter or Olive Oil.
- Pour the prepared sauce over the Enchiladas and cover the top with shredded cheese. Bake it for 12-15 minutes until the cheese melts or changes its color to a golden brown.
- Your Casa Ole Spinach Enchilada Recipe is complete and ready to be served in a dish.
Spinach Enchilada; Nutritional Value
- Amount per serving: Calories 357 kcal, Fat 180g, Cholesterol 50.2 mg, Sodium 515.1 mg, Dietary Fiber 5.5g, Sugars 4.6g, Carbohydrates 31.5g, Protein 15.4g.
Best Toppings for Casa Ole Spinach Enchilada Recipe
Many foodies love the fact that this Enchilada recipe is veggie-based. However, it isn’t a must. Chicken marinated with Salt and Pepper or dipped and fried in any kind of sauce can also be a perfect addition to the dish. People also love to add minced beef or even beef pieces as toppings. Dressings like Green or Black Olives, and a bunch of freshly cut Bell Peppers also make the dish more tempting.
How to Store Veggie Enchiladas?
You will be glad to know that Veggie Enchiladas have another secret to them. Baked Veggie Enchiladas can be stored in air-tight containers and kept in refrigerators for around 4-5 days. Once out, microwave them and they are good to eat.
Some More Vegan Delights for You
- Salad as a whole meal? Yes. Try Apple-Bees Spinach and Shrimp Salad Recipe.
- Looking for low-calories? Here is a California Pizza Kitchen Lettuce Wrap Recipe for you to try.
- Caribbean Spinach Rice Recipe is your simple yet nutritious duo for a healthy meal.
- Within an hour, make the delicious Tilapia and Spinach Recipe.
- Kale can never be out of a healthy vegan diet. This Tavern Kale Salad Recipe is sure to hit you with savors and nutrients.
- Can’t say no to Spinach? Try Stouffer’s Spinach Soufflé Recipe for a mouthwatering meal.
- Steak Lettuce Wraps Recipe is your new weekend idea. Don’t miss it.
- Create a stunning restaurant-like Capital Grilled Creamed Spinach Recipe at home.
- Try the flavorsome Beet Leaves Recipe Indian Style for a change in savors.
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.