Kale as we know it is a powerhouse of nutrients and health benefits, but many people wonder how to create a recipe containing Kale that alongside providing the desired nutrients to the body, adds deliciousness to the meals. To your surprise, today I am going to share with you this amazing Central Market’s Kale Cranberry Pepita Salad Recipe, which will complete the equation of health and taste for you.
Central Market’s Kale Cranberry Pepita Salad Recipe
Ingredients that You Need to Make Central Market’s Kale Salad
- 7 cups Raw Kale, nicely chopped, smaller in size.
- ¼ cup Orange Juice.
- 3 tbsp Vinegar.
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce.
- 2 tbsp Sesame Oil.
- ¼ tbsp Ginger paste.
- ⅓ cup Cranberry, dried.
- ¼ cup Pepitas.
- ¼ cup Almonds, slices.
Directions to Follow
- Wash the Kale properly, rinse thoroughly and drain it properly. Leave it to dry. Then, use a medium-sized mixing bowl, add the chopped Kale into the bowl.
- Use a small bowl, add Vinegar, Orange Juice, Sesame Oil, Soy Sauce, Ginger and mix it well. Pour the mixture into the large bowl, now add Cranberries to the boss and whisk it till everything is mixed properly.
- You can now serve it, but ideally, I would suggest refrigerating the Salad for a day at least. If you do not have that much time, put it in the fridge for at least 3-4 hours before finally serving it, as the flavors will soak in, and the kale will get softer. Right before serving, garnish it with your favorite nuts.
Why Should You Include Kale in Your Diet?
Kale is known to be the King of Greens. It is certainly the healthiest, highly nutritious, and low-Calorie food that exists. It is also filled with powerful Anti-Oxidants like Quercetin and Kaempferol, which are highly beneficial for health. Also, Kale lowers the levels of cholesterol in your body. It is also found that Kale contains elements that have shown results in fighting cancer in a test tube when tested on animals; the human evidence is mixed. A cup of Raw Kale contains as follows:
- Manganese: 26% of the DV
- Vitamin A: 206% of the DV
- Potassium 9% of the DV
- Vitamin K: 684% of the DV
Fact: Kale contains more Vitamin C than an Orange.
Calories depend on the size of the meal, and if the serving size for Central Market’s Kale, Pepita, and Cranberry Salad is 140 g (5 ounces), then it has 450 Calories. These Calories can further be broken down as follows:
- Total Fat: 33 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Sodium: 250 mg
- Potassium: 0 mg
- Carbohydrates: 36 g
- Proteins: 9 g
Pro Tips for the Recipe
- I would recommend you guys to eat this Salad chilled, as the flavors get more enhanced with lower temperature
- To give it more taste, you can add nuts of your choice, such as Walnuts, Almonds, and Peanuts.
- You can store the Salad in an air-tight container and enjoy it for later.
- I prefer Salad for lunch as they are convenient to make. I usually marinate the Central Market’s Kale, Pepita, and Cranberry Salad a day before to get tastier and softer till lunchtime.
Mouth-Watering Recommendations For You
- Try the deliciousness and ease of making of Trisha Yearwood Salmon Recipe, Thai Basil Salmon Recipe, and The Palm Creamed Spinach Recipe.
- Healthy sweets just make everyone’s mood a lot better; check out these famous Toasted Almond Cake Recipe, Toasted Almond Tiramisu Recipe, TGI Fridays Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie Recipe,
- Who doesnt love cakes? and how amazing would it be if we knew the perfect recipe to bake a cake at home. Try out; Toasted Almond Cake Recipe, Toasted Almond Cream Cake Recipe, and Chocolate Peanut Butter Swirl Cheesecake.
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.