Across the world, tea is considered a staple because of its regular consumption patterns. But for most people, tea-time is an excuse to indulge in baked items that they may otherwise not have a chance to eat. Whether it be cakes or cookies, most people find great joy in munching on them as they sip their afternoon tea. Biscotti is another such food delicacy that is built just right for tea lovers. It is honored as one of the leading side items for people who cannot go through their days without a cup of tea in the afternoon or the evening with its Italian origins.
How to make Cherry Almond Biscotti
While popular, you will hardly ever find people baking cherry almond biscotti at home. Instead, they prefer to buy it at the marketplace. But the fact of the matter is that biscotti isn’t a very difficult item to bake, and you should most definitely try it at home.
Cherry Almond Biscotti Recipe
- 1.7 Cup Dried cherries.
- 3 Cup All-purpose flour.
- 2 tsp Baking powder.
- ½ tsp Salt.
- 4 tbsp Butter. (room temperature, unsalted)
- 1 Cup Granulated sugar.
- 4 Eggs. (Large)
- 2 tsp Vanilla essence.
- ¾ Cup Almonds. (blanched and chopped)
- 3 tbsp Sanding sugar.
- ½ Cup Almond essence.
16 to 18 pieces per tray.
- Pre heat your oven to 375 degrees. In a saucepan, heat the cherries and mix the almond essence over low to medium heat while making sure to stir it now and then until you feel the cherries have been softened. Please do this for about eight minutes, after which drain the liquid but preserve around two teaspoons of it.
- Add in the flour, salt, and baking powder in a separate bowl while the butter and sugar need to be mixed with a beater until it is fluffy. In the same mixer, add in the eggs, the cherry liquid you prepared, and the vanilla essence. After stirring it slightly, add in the flour mixture and the rest of the cherries and almonds.
- Flour a baking tray and add in the dough you have prepare, slightly tapping it and flattening it until it is half an inch thick. Brush it with an egg that you have been and sprinkle using sanding sugar as you line this dough up on top of parchment paper.
- Put it in the oven for 35 minutes and make sure to rotate it midway through the baking time. Then, let it cool for around 20 minutes.
- Once it is cooled, cut up the log into 16 to 18 pieces and then transfer them on to the rack. Bake for 8 minutes each on both sides until it is crisp and then le tit cool.
Your cherry almond biscotti is ready to be devoured.
What is the best low-carb biscotti?
When baking your biscotti, you can substitute different ingredients for healthier options to ensure that your dietary restrictions are met. For example, in any given recipe, you can replace sugar with brown sugar or even honey. You need to find the right amount of that substitute, and you will be ready to go.
What substitute should I use for these biscotti?
One of the most basic ingredients for biscotti is sugar. But if you are on a strict diet and want to reduce your calorie intake or perhaps are someone who does not want to consume white sugar, there is an abundance of options available – of which some are mentioned below:
- Maple & Date sugar
- Coconut sugar
- Palm sugar
- Pure maple syrup
- Brown rice syrup
- Sorghum molasses
- Stevia, canderal, sucral etc.
How do I store these Cherry Almond Biscotti?
Storing biscotti-like cookies is not difficult. If it is for a matter of days, you can store it in an airtight jar and make sure that it is tightly held together. However, if you are looking for it to last a couple of months, put it in the freezer, and you will not be disappointed.
Tips for making the best Cherry Almond Biscotti
For people who are not too familiar with the concept of baking and, more specifically, biscotti, it can get quite tricky. As a first-timer, I remember how I could not help but frustrate myself over the crumbliness of biscotti. It would fall apart and anger me on a completely different level. Here are a few tips to
- Before putting the tray for baking, make sure that you preheat the oven at the exact temperature suggested in the recipe. Then, halfway through the baking time, rotate the sheets to ensure that it is baked properly and evenly.
- If you are still new to baking, it is important to heed the ingredients and follow them.
- · When mixing, you may feel that the batter is dry and crumbles easily, but you have to keep going. Be persistent and keep on mixing, although it may take a toll on you. So, try taking short breaks to ensure that you do not get tired and leave it midway.
- Try to bake on a day when it is not humid. But, of course, weather plays a role in the final product, and this is a handy tip that will do wonders for your biscotti.
Cherry Almond Biscotti is such a delight to your sweet tooth. Try it out today and let us know your experience 🙂