“It is high time for you to put your health above all.” Your health journey is about to get more exciting. This Cherry Chicken Quinoa Bowl Recipe brings along the unique and tangy flavors of cherry tomatoes in combination with chicken.
The daily chore of selecting a dish to prepare that can also address your health concerns is getting better right now! So if you are a food lover and not wanting to just give in to all the unhealthy takeaway options available, then here is your jackpot.
Cherry Chicken Quinoa Bowl Recipe
Here is what you need to Cook a Bowl of Perfection
- 2 pounds Chicken (sliced, boneless).
- 1 can Cherry Tomatoes.
- 3 cups Quinoa.
- 8 cups Kale.
- Handful Parsley.
Spices for marinade
- 1 tsp Black Pepper ( freshly grounded).
- ½ tsp Paprika.
- 1 tsp Salt.
- ¼ tsp Turmeric.
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil (you can use any other cooking oil, we are trying to be extra healthy here).
Here is what you need to do
- Cook the Quinoa properly till fully done. We have used pre-cooked Quinoa to save time.
- Once the quinoa is done, marinate your chicken in a zip lock bag put in your chicken with all the spices. Give it a good mix. Let it rest for about an hour or more. Once it has been in the seasoning for long enough, add the chicken to a skillet. Put in a tbsp. Of olive oil and let the chicken cook through.
- Take the chicken out and, in the same pan, add kale and sauté. Next, add the cherry tomatoes. Stir-fry the tomatoes.
- You can also add in more vegetables of your choice.
- Now, in a bowl, assemble this delish food. Take a bowl and put in portions of quinoa, kale, cherry tomatoes, and chicken per your preference.
- Top it up with parsley and some drops of olive oil.
Cherry Chicken Quinoa; Add a Little Twist in Your Bowl
Quinoa originated from South America, but the word of its health spread all over, and it quickly became a part of many culinary cuisines. Being a versatile plant-based ingredient, it can be turned into various savory dishes that bless your food with the goodness of health.
There are various options to make your spread more flavorsome. It can be paired up with anything ranging from appetizers to desserts. Drinks are also a great match to make this quinoa bowl more filling.
- Add it up with an appetizer like Palmed Creamed Spinach or Spicy Thai Spinach.
- You can also make it with the main course of Cheddars Bourbon Glazed Salmon, Thai Basil Salmon, Salmon Shake; this combination will surely be the star of the show if you have guests over for a special event.
- Cookies can be a wholesome dessert to finish the meal after this healthy quinoa bowl with chicken and cherry tomatoes. Thin Almond Biscotti, Chinese Almond Cookies, and Chocolate Peanut Butter recipe by Martha Stewart is the best complimentary choice.
Cherry Chicken Quinoa; Nutritional Value
Quinoa is high in anti-inflammatory nutrients. It is potentially beneficial for human health in the prevention of different diseases. Quinoa contains small amounts of heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids and has a higher content of monounsaturated fat.
Combining the Quinoa with chicken and cherry tomatoes just sparks up the nutrients with proteins. This fail-proof recipe of Cherry Chicken Quinoa Bowl comprises 830 calories in a single serving.
Can you Store Cherry Chicken Quinoa?
This quinoa bowl is delish not only instantly after it has been prepared. It can be kept to devour later on as well. You can store it in an airtight container for 4 days in the fridge and a week or ten days in the freezer.
However, do not garnish it with parsley and added olive oil if you will store it. Instead, do it when the chicken quinoa is fresh or warmed.
It is also better to keep the condiments separately. Like, store the quinoa, chicken, kale, and cherry tomatoes in separate boxes to elongate their lives and keep them fresh. Moreover, it saves you time, a complete win-win.
Go a Little Extra Smart With the Quinoa
- To make your dish healthier, add in as many vegetables as you like.
- Buy pre-cooked quinoa to eliminate the hassle of making them at home.
- Avoid over-cooking the chicken. It can make the entire dish very dry.
Go, Get Into the Kitchen!
Nothing is more blissful than tasty food that does not add extra inches on the body for all food lovers. Try this nutrient-rich Cherry Chicken Quinoa Bowl, and have some more delicacies up for grabs.
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.