This Cherry Salmon Recipe presents a perfect combination of Chicken tossed in the Cherry Sauce to blast juicy flavor in your mouth with every bite. It is an easy-to-cook recipe and a great way of using ingredients in a whole different way to prepare a magical dish. This not only gives you a novel taste but will also earn you compliments if served to guests.
A perfect healthy dinner ready in a flash is not less than a blessing for people who have extremely busy schedules. So without further ado, let’s jump onto the recipe.
Cherry Salmon Recipe
- 4 Salmon Fillet (1 inch thick).
- 2½ cups Fresh Cherries (quartered and pitted).
- ¼ cup Unsalted Butter.
- ⅓ cup Red Wine Vinegar.
- 2 tbsp Honey.
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch.
- ⅓ cup Cold Water.
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste.
- First of all, mix Honey, Butter, Red Wine Vinegar, and Cherries in a saucepan and bring it to a boil over medium heat. Then reduce heat when the mixer simmers and cook it for about 10 minutes until Cherries are softened, and the mixture reduces.
- Then mix the cornstarch and cold water in a bowl and add it to a simmering sauce slowly and gradually and stir it well. Again simmer it for 5 more minutes while constantly stirring until it thickens. Finally, remove the sauce from the heat.
- Then preheat the oven’s broiler and fix the oven rack almost 6 inches away from the direct heat source.
- Sprinkle Salt and Black Pepper over the Salmon Fillets and place them on the broiling pan with skin side down.
- Now Broil the Salmon Fillets for 30 seconds and then take them out of the oven, put them on a plate, and spoon the Cherry glaze generously over each fillet.
- Place the Salmon back into the broiler to broil it for 8 to 10 minutes until the Salmon turns opaque with fully baked glaze.
- Remove Salmon Fillets and re-glaze them with another coat of Cherry sauce. It can be done once or twice or more during cooking, depending on how much shrilling taste you want to have.
- The recipe is now ready to be garnished and served.
Note: If you want to make the recipe more improvalicious, you can try it with Steamed Rice or Rice Pilaf. You can also have it with Steamed Vegetables or the grilled ones with Olive Oil and topped with Shallots.
Nutrition Benefits of Cherry and Salmon
The deep red color of the Cherries comes from the concentration of anthocyanins, which is a type of polyphenol in the family of flavonoids. Several types of research are conducted on the United States Montmorency variety and other types of Cherries, too. It is found out that flavonoids in the Cherries help your body to fight against the free radicals that cause oxidative stress in your body. It means that it helps protect your body against the stressors and toxins present in our natural environment and causes destruction upon entering our body.
Salmon is loaded with Vitamins and Protein and is rich in Omega-3 fatty acids that protect your body from cardiovascular diseases and helps in the functioning and strengthening of joints, muscles, and various other body parts.
Cherry Salmon Recipe; Calorie Count
- Salmon Fillets (4) – 1648 cal
- Fresh Cherries (2 ½ cups) – 185 cal
- Unsalted Butter (1/4 cup) – 407 cal
- Red Wine Vinegar (1/3 cup) – 14 cal
- Honey (2 tbsp) – 128 cal
- Cornstarch (1 tbsp) – 31 cal
Other Nutritions that Cherry Salmon Recipe Contains
- Dietary Fiber – 2.1 g
- Protein – 26 g
- Carbohydrates – 27 g
- Sugar – 21 g
- Fat – 26 g
- Saturated Fat – 10 g
- Cholesterol – 100 mg
- Vitamin A – 603 IU
- Vitamin C – 10.5 g
- Calcium – 35 mg
- Iron – 0.8 mg
- Magnesium – 44 mg
- Potassium – 659 mg
- Sodium – 70 mg
- If you want to try some other flavors of Salmon, then you can explore the best options of The Chew Salmon Recipe, Teriyaki Smoked Salmon Recipe, and Texas Roadhouse Grilled Salmon Recipe.
- Almonds-filled recipes boost the meal’s nutritional value, especially for diet-conscious people because they are a high energy source. Therefore, if you want to try such high nutrition value recipes, you can try Swedish Almond Cake IKEA Recipe, Swiss Almond Cheese Spread Recipe, and Tastefully Simple Almond Pound Cake Copycat Recipe.
- Apart from these, vegetable also provide several nutritious to your meals with restraining calorie count. For such meals, you must try; Tilapia and Spinach Recipe, Tilapia and Quinoa Recipe, Tavern Kale Salad Recipe, and Sweet and Sour Beets Recipe.
So, let’s try the inspiring and nutritious recipe of Cherry glazed Salmon.