Looking for something easy to make on a busy office day? Then, you are at the RIGHT place. This Cheesy Alfredo Sauce-based Chicken and Spinach Manicotti is an easy-to-make recipe with minimal effort required. Just use some Chicken that is remaining in your fridge, throw in some other ingredients. And BOOM! get ready to testify the delicious yet healthy outcome.
Chicken and Spinach Manicotti Recipe
Ingredients required to make the Dish:
- 1 box Manicotti.
- 9 oz Spinach.
- ½ Rotisserie Chicken, shredded and bones removed.
- 1 Egg.
- 18 oz Ricotta Cheese.
- ¾ Parmesan, grated.
- 1¼ cup Mozzarella Cheese.
- Alfredo Sauce.
- Parsley or Basil (as per your taste).
- Preheat the oven to375 degrees F.
- Simultaneously, use a big pot, put some salt in it and bring it to boil. Then, add 1 box of Manicotti into the boiling water, wait until the pasta is cooked. Drain the water and put it aside.
- Roughly chop the Pasta on a cutting board. Use a small pan, add some Olive Oil into it and cook the Spinach until wilted.
- Use a large bowl, add some Ricotta Cheese, Italian Cheese, and Shredded Chicken, Parmesan Cheese, Egg, and Spinach. The mixture is not to be poured into a Ziploc plastic bag or a piping bag with a corner cut to fill the pasta.
- Spread the Alfredo Pasta on the baking dish.
- Now, squeeze the mixture into the Manicotti Pasta and set them in parallel positions. Next, pour the remaining Alfredo Sauce on the bed of the Manicotti Pasta and put some more Mozzarella Cheese on top.
- Bake for about 20 minutes till it is properly cooked. Keep it on the side, wait for it to cool down and then sprinkle some Parsley or Basil (I use Basil).
The perfect combination of Chicken, Cheese, Pasta, and Spinach! Give this recipe a try, and let us know how you like it!
Calories Count in the Chicken and Spinach Manicotti Recipe
There are a total of 117 Calories in 1 serving of the Chicken and Spinach Manicotti Recipe. If the Calories are further split, it has 4.08 g of Fat, 13.38 g of Carbs, and 7.37 g of Proteins, 16 mg of Cholesterol, and 106 mg of Sodium.
Pro Tips for Pasta Filling
Whenever I see recipes regarding pasta filling, I have always wondered what the term ‘Fill and Spoon’ means? It sounds like such a time-consuming and extremely tedious process. Therefore, I came up with an easy solution. I use a piping bag/pastry bag and cut a large corner of it. Now I can simply squeeze in all the filling and get done with pasta filling in less than 2 minutes. Give it a try 🙂 – I bet it will save you a lot of time.
Things You Need to Make the Chicken and Spinach Manicotti Recipe
- Baking Dish: You must have a Baking dish at home; it will just make your life so much easier.
- Piping bag/Pastry bag: This is a life hack, guys! I would recommend you to use these for Manicotti as they are super easy for clean-ups. These beautiful-looking disposable items can be put into perfect use, and you can throw them as soon as you have used them.
- Spatula: When you are in the kitchen, multiple Spatulas are ALWAYS needed. It is amazing for mixing purposes and good for your dishwasher.
Pro Kitchen Tips
- Make-Ahead: Assemble all the ingredients and put them in a baking dish. Refrigerate it for up to 4 hours. Then, bake it in the oven (make sure it is uncovered) at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes when you want to serve. Spread some more Mozzarella on the top and continue as directed.
- Substitute: Use Basil instead of fresh Parsley.
- Nutrition Bonus: You do not have to feel bad about serving something that is not healthy. This dish is an extremely flavorful and low-calorie food. It is rich in Vitamin A from Spinach and Cottage Cheese, and Shredded Cheese provides an immense amount of Calcium.
- Comfort food that makes you feel happy is the best kind of Food. Try our famous TGI Fridays Tuscan Spinach Dip Recipe, Stoufer’s Spinach Souffle Recipe, TGI Fridays Dragon Glazed Salmon Recipe, Steak Lettuce Wraps Recipe.
- Most Delicious and Healthy Capital Grille Creamed Spinach Recipe, Braided Salmon Recipe, Boston Lettuce Recipe.
- Try out our all-time famous Bonefish Salmon Recipe, Caribbean Salmon Balls Recipe.
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.