I often prefer making food at home rather than buying frozen food from the stores. The issue is not in the frozen food but in how the food is preserved. Frozen food may not be much healthy considering the preservatives it has such as Starch and Corn Syrup, which have extreme levels of Glucose, Fats, and Sodium. These added preservatives can result in lifetime diseases such as Blood Pressure, Obesity, Diabetes, Cholesterol, etc. Keeping the healthy and delicious aspect of life in consideration; today I will be sharing with you the homemade process of making the Chicken Feta Spinach Sausage Recipe.
The best part about these Sausages is that they are light, and skip all the additives that may be found in processed meats, otherwise. I will be adding some Spinach, Feta, Sun-dried Tomatoes, and lots of Herbs to the recipe to give it a pinch of Mediterranean taste. This epic, flavorful combination can be an addition to the Italian Cuisine, can be served in breakfast with some scrambled eggs!
Chicken Feta Spinach Sausage Recipe
Ingredients That You Need:
- 907 gram Chicken Thighs (boneless).
- 907 gram Chicken Breast (boneless and skinless).
- 227 gram Feta Cheese.
- 3 tbsp Sun-dried Tomatoes (chopped).
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 2 tsp Oregano, dried.
- 2 tsp Basil, dried.
- 1 tsp Lemon Zest.
- Black Pepper as per your taste.
- Salt as per your taste.
- ¼ tsp Red Pepper Flakes.
- 142 gram Spinach, washed and drained.
- Olive Oil.
- For your ease, keep the ingredients at a high temperature (38-40 degrees F) so that they can be cut easily. Cut the chicken thighs and breasts into small cubes so that it is easier to grind.
- Use a large mixing bowl, add the Chicken, Tomatoes, Feta, Garlic, Basil, Lemon Zest, Oregano, Salt, Red Pepper Flakes, and Pepper. Mix the ingredients. Keep the mixture in the refrigerator while you get your Meat Grinder ready.
- When you are ready to grind the mixture, put it in the Spinach, gradually add the mixture into the Meat Grinder, so you do not create a jam.
- You can shape the Sausages at this stage and refrigerate them while you prepare for the next steps.
- Cook a small patty on a medium to low flame so that you can try it out and adjust the seasonings accordingly.
- Now, you stuff the Sausage into hog casings and then twist into 5 to 6-inch links. Then, refrigerate till you have to cook.
- Use a grilling pan to give it a barbeque effect; light the charcoal and spread them evenly over the surface of the coal grill. Set the cooking grill, cover the grill and let the grill heat for 5-7 minutes. Take the Sausages out of the refrigerator and put them on the grill. Cook each side for 5 minutes and then serve.
Try these delicious homemade Sausages and Enjoy!
Chicken Feta Spinach Sausage Recipe; Calorie Count
There are 110 Calories per Serving in Chicken Feta Spinach Sausage Recipe. If the Calorie count is further broken down, it contains 4.5 g of Fat, 640 mg of Sodium, 70 mg of Cholesterol, <1 g of Carbohydrates, and 16 g of Proteins.
Tips and Tricks for Home-made Sausages
- To make the best homemade Sausages, you need a Meat Grinder. A food Processor will certainly not give you the grind that you desire. People often suggest that you use your hands to mince the Ingredients, but I can only imagine how much time and effort that would require. Therefore, do your research and buy yourself a Meat Grinder if you do not have it already.
- The batter for this recipe can be made in large quantites, which means that you can easily store it for later. Just Shape the meat in the form of Sausages and put them in a plastic ziploc bag. If you have a vacuum sealer for food, use it without excess air in the bag. Place it in your refrigerator and use them whenever you are craving some Sausages.
- Make sure you do not over-cook them because they will get dry as its lean meat.
Mouth-Watering Recommendations For You
- Try the mouth-watering and healthy; Battered Salmon Recipe, Beer Salmon Recipe, Asian Salmon Burgers Recipe, Barilla Spinach Lasagna Recipe, Baked Sweet and Sour Salmon Recipe.
- Want to perfect your home cooking with amazingly unique recipes? Here are some; Baked Salmon Sushi Roll Recipe, Aip Salmon Recipe, Baked Salmon Recipe Wow, Baked Furikake Salmon Recipe.
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.