Everyone loves Mexican Food because of its exciting and promising flavors. Still, it often gets hard to make Mexican dishes at home as they require several ingredients. However, today I will present to you the best of both worlds, a handful of Ingredients and an easy-to-make Chicken Mole with Peanut Butter Recipe.
The perfect blend of sweetness from Rich and Creamy Chocolate with the Pepper Spices makes the most flavorful Sauce. Add the leftover, Shredded Chicken to the sauce. Serve it with some Rice, Tacos, or Boiled Vegetables. Voila! you have a new dish for Dinner that you will LOVE!
What Does the Term “MOLE” mean?
Mole (often pronounced as ‘MOH-lay’) is a native Mexican Sauce. In Spanish, Mole means ‘mix,’ similar to ‘masala’ in Indian culture. While there are plenty of Recipes and types of Mole in the Mexican family, all of these share common elements.
Moles are at least made up of two of the Mexican Chiles, a Sour Ingredient (such as Tomatillos) and a sweet Ingredient (such as sugar, fruit, or Chocolate) thickeners or nutty (Tortilla, Bread or Peanut Butter), and lots of spices. Roasting these Ingredients just enhances their flavors; blend them in the thick sauce and serve them with whatever you like!
Chicken Mole with Peanut Butter Recipe
- 2 tbsp Olive oil.
- 1 Medium-sized Chopped Onion.
- 3 Minced, Garlic Cloves.
- 1 Chipotle Pepper.
- 1 Can of Diced Tomatoes with Green Chiles.
- 4 tbsp Peanut Butter.
- 2 cups Chicken Broth.
- 2 tbsp Chili Powder.
- Salt as per your taste.
- Black Pepper as per your taste.
- 2 oz Chocolate.
- 2 lbs Shredded Chicken.
- Rice or Tortilla, for serving (your preference can be anything).
- Avocados, Sour Cream, Peanuts, Peas (Optional).
- Put a medium-sized pan on low-medium flame, add Olive Oil, and let it warm. Then, add Garlic, stir the mixture till the Garlic is softened (Golden-Brown) and releases a pleasant smell.
- Then, add Chipotle Pepper and Tomatoes with Green Chilies. Stir till they are mixed well. Reduce the flame and let the mixture cook for about 10-15 minutes, occasionally stirring, so no food lumps are made.
- Keep the mixture aside to cool a little bit, then carefully add the mixture to a blender.
- Then, add Peanut Butter, Chili Powder, Chicken Broth, Pepper, Salt, and Cinnamon. Blend the mixture until it is well combined.
- After properly blending it, return the mixture to the pan over medium flame. Let the mixture be cooked for 15 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Now add Chocolate and whisk it till it is melted.
- Put the Chicken in the sauce and mix it properly till it is fully coated in the Sauce. Enjoy your meal!
How Many Calories Does Chicken Mole with Peanut Butter Recipe Contain?
There are a total of 640 Calories per Serving in the Chicken Mole with Peanut Butter Recipe. If these Calories are further broken down, they can be listed as 48 g of fat, 119 mg of Cholesterol, 1995 mg of Sodium, 510 mg of Potassium, 17 g of Carbohydrates, and 39 g of Protein.
How to Poach Chicken?
Poaching is considered one of the easiest ways to assemble Skinless, Boneless Chicken Breast as it makes the Chicken more tender, juicy, and perfect for Shredding.
Use a large pot, boil the water on medium to high flame. Add some Salt, Onion, Pepper, and Chicken. Wait for the water to boil and cook the Chicken for about 20 minutes till the Chicken is tender. Take the pot off the stove, let it cool, and then Shred.
- Note: You can keep the Chicken Broth on the side and later use it for the Sauce (if you prefer)
What to Serve with Mole Chicken
You can serve it with Rice or warm Tortillas as per your preference to turn it into the real Mexican meal. However, if you have some extra time on your hands, I suggest options for toppings such as Avocado, Peas, Sour Cream, and Peanuts.
Most-Wanted Recommendations for You
- Experience high nutritions and deliciousness with Bolivian Quinnoa Recipe, Carrabba’s Italian Lettuce Wrap Recipe, Chicken with Citrus Beets Recipe, Bradley Smoker Salmon Recipe, and Carrot and Spinach Recipe.
- Looking for the powerhouse Almond based recipes? Try Almond Milk Recipe Juicer, Almond Joy Martini, Almond Joy Cookies, Almond Horn Cookies.
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.