Chicken of the Sea Simple Salmon Cakes is among the most popular recent trending recipes in the world of seafood. But, What makes it so special? It’s quick, simple to make, and of course, it’s delicious! Not to mention they taste as good as they look!
If you haven’t tried them yet, here’s how to cook chicken of the sea simple salmon cakes. Just follow all the steps correctly, and you’ll end up with a delicacy that’ll be a part of every Sunday meal for sure!
Chicken of the Sea Salmon Cakes Recipe
Ingredients for Making Chicken of the Sea Salmon Cakes
Just grab the following ingredients:
- 1 Pack Chicken of the Sea Salmon (6 oz.).
- ¼ cup Green Onions (finely chopped).
- ¼ cup Mayonnaise.
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice (freshly squeezed).
- ½ tsp Garlic powder.
- Cayenne Pepper (to taste).
- ¼ cup Red Bell Pepper (chopped).
- 1 Medium-sized egg (beaten).
- 1 cup Bread crumbs (dried, seasoned).
- 3 tbsp Butter.
How to Make Chicken of the Sea Salmon Cakes?
Here’s the recipe:
- Combine salmon, onion, mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, and bell pepper in a medium bowl and mix.
- All the beaten egg and a third of the breadcrumbs to this mixture.
- Form 4 evenly-sized salmon balls from the mixture. Roll the salmon balls in the remaining breadcrumbs.
- Flatten the balls to form cakes that are about half an inch thick.
- Melt some butter on medium heat in a skillet. Fry the cakes for about 3 to 4 minutes on either side till they turn golden brown.
Cooked salmon cakes can last for about 3 to 4 days in the refrigerator if kept chilled and in an airtight container. Then, reheat them slowly at a low temperature to prevent them from drying out whenever you want to enjoy them. If you want to store some raw cakes, you can place them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for as long as two days.
To store cooked cakes for longer, cool them to room temperature, place them in a freezer-safe baking sheet, transfer them to an airtight container, and freeze. They will remain good for up to 3 months.
You can keep raw cakes in the freezer for as long as you like; however, the quality will start to fall after about three months.
- When making salmon cakes, carefully monitor the combination of salmon, eggs, and breadcrumbs. The right consistency is crucial for binding the mixture together.
- If you want to add a little more heat or flavor to your patty mix, try a dash of hot sauce.
- Fresh herbs add freshness and exotic flavors to salmon cakes. Other than parsley, dill and chives are good options.
- If your patty mixture is very moist and the cakes are falling apart, add little bread crumbs, and if it seems too dry, try adding another tablespoon of mayonnaise.
- Fry the cakes for just about three to four minutes on either side.
- You can serve the salmon cakes with a generous portion of slaw.
Here are a few delicious recipes that are bound to earn you the title of the master home chef!
- This Carrabba’s Lettuce Wraps Recipe is a simple, healthy, and delicious snack for any occasion!
- Try our Bolivian Quinoa Recipe and Bison Quinoa Hash Recipe for light and hearty meal.
- Cheddar’s Spinach Dip Copycat Recipe is the perfect combination for any snack!
- This Betty Crocker Peanut Butter Fudge Recipe is the perfect dessert delight!
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.