The Chicken Spinach Feta Sausage Recipe is an easy, and hearty family meal that can be prepared in minutes. The sausage prepared with fresh veggies gives a Greek flair, whereas feta‘s garnishing serves as a creamy topping to further add delight to the recipe.
The Chicken Spinach Feta Sausage possesses all the healthy ingredients flaring it up with excellent texture and bold flavors, particularly through Feta and Spinach. The savory and salty Feta and lush green Spinach give the recipe a perfect blend of flavor. The perfect recipe to prepare the fabulous sausage is given below.
Chicken Spinach Feta Sausage Recipe
- 4 pounds Boneless Chicken Thighs skin.
- 3 Garlic small heads.
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil.
- 10 oz Crumbled Feta Cheese.
- ¼ cup Shallots (finely chopped).
- 9 oz Spinach(finely chopped).
- 2 tbsp Fresh Oregano (finely chopped).
- 2 tbsp Kosher Salt.
- 1 tbsp Ground Black Pepper.
- 2 tbsp Vinegar.
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice.
- Natural hog casings, soaked in lukewarm water for at least 30 minutes and rinsed.
- First of all, preheat the oven to 350oF.
- Now mix the Garlic, Chicken, Feta Cheese, Oregano, Shallots, Spinach, Salt, and Pepper in a bowl and leave it to chill until it is ready to grind.
- Then grind the mixture using a meat grinder. Then put it in a bowl (priorly placed in ice).
- Add the remaining Feta, Vinegar, and Lemon Juice and mix it at medium speed until liquid is mixed well.
- Put a frying pan with a little quantity of oil in it and place over medium to high heat. Then make a small sausage patty and fry it until it is completely cooked through.
- Adjust the taste of sausage if required by seasoning it.
- Then stuff this sausage in the hog casing and twist it to give it a final look. You can refrigerate the remaining patties to cook them later.
- Prepare a coal grate, evenly spread the lit burning charcoal, cover the grill, and heat it up for about 5 minutes. Then clean the grate and grease it with some Oil.
- Now grill the prepared treat over direct heat that should be almost medium to high, until the sausage shines.
- Now remove it from the grill and cool it for almost 5 minutes. It is all set to be served.
Chicken Spinach Feta Sausage; Calories Count
- Boneless Chicken (4 pounds) – 996 cal
- Garlic – 7 cal
- Olive Oil (1 tbsp) – 119 cal
- Feta Cheese (10 ounces) – 70 cal
- Shallots (1/4 cup) – 13 cal
- Spinach (9 oz) – 59 cal
- Fresh Oregano (2 tbsp) – 22 cal
- Ground Black Pepper (1 tbsp) – 16 cal
- Vinegar (2 tbsp) – 6 cal
- Lemon Juice (2 tbsp) – 7 cal
- Dietary Fiber – 4 g
- Protein – 22 g
- Carbohydrates – 47 g
- Sugar – 2 g
- Fat – 21 g
- Saturated Fat – 6 g
- Cholesterol – 68 mg
- Vitamin A – 3070 IU
- Vitamin C – 9.1 mg
- Calcium – 153 mg
- Potassium – 504 mg
- Sodium – 1281 mg
- Iron – 3 mg
Want to Try More Amazing Recipes?
While craving for some good tastes, it should always be in your mind that health comes first! So before choosing a recipe, you must consider two things: know about its nutritious value and health benefits, and then it must have a finger-licking taste. Cooking can be tried in several ways to extract a variety of tastes out of it. Check out; Swedish Almond Cake IKEA Recipe, Swiss Almond Cheese Spread Recipe, and Tastefully Simple Almond Pound Cake Copycat Recipe.
There are wide collections of nutritious and delicious recipes that can be a perfect combination of teste and health. These recipes include The Chew Salmon Recipe, Teriyaki Smoked Salmon Recipe, Texas Roadhouse Grilled Salmon Recipe, Tilapia and Spinach Recipe, Tilapia, and Quinoa Recipe, Tavern Kale Salad Recipe, and Sweet and Sour Beets Recipe.
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.