This Mexican recipe of Chilaquiles Rojos makes for delicious breakfasts! The humble, simple, but incredibly delicious recipe is low-fat and inexpensive, hence it’s perfect for people trying to diet around on a low budget.
This recipe consists of fried tortilla dipped in a fancy sauce prepared with dry chilies and red sauce. The preparation process of red sauce varies between chefs. However, we recommend using garlic, guajillo peppers, onion, and roma tomatoes for making red sauce.
Chilaquiles Rojos Recipe
- 80 grams Boneless Chicken Breast. (without skin)
- 2 Tomatoes.
- 1 Arbol Chili.
- 2 Guajillo Chili.
- 1 Onion.
- 2 cloves Garlic.
- 2 tbsp Sour cream.
- 8 Corn tortillas.
- ½ cup Vegetable oil.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- First of all, place the chicken piece in the saucepan, cover it with water and add Garlic, Onion, and Salt.
- Boil it over high heat for around 20 minutes.
- Cut the Corn Tortilla in a triangular shape and set it aside.
- Now add vegetable oil to a pan and heat it up to 180 degrees C. Fry the Corn Tortilla for 2 minutes until they turn to golden brown and set aside.
- Now for red sauce, first remove all the veins and seeds of guajillo chilies and Arbol chili and put them in a saucepan along with tomatoes. Add water and boil over high heat for 4 minutes until the pepper softens.
- Now put the tomatoes, chilies, onion, garlic, and pepper into a blender and blend well to make a paste.
- Then shred the completely cooked chicken.
- Add some oil in a pan, add chicken, and sauce to boil over high heat, and then turn it to medium heat and cook for 3 minutes until it thickens a little. Stir the sauce occasionally.
- At low heat, add the fried tortilla chips in the sauce and cook for 3 more minutes to give a consistent thickness.
- The recipe is ready to be garnished and served.
Facts About the Recipe
You can add one Arbol pepper to the sauce if you want an extra-hot recipe. Usually, one Arbol chili will be sufficient for people because these chilies are so spicy.
To make the recipe even healthier; air fry or bake the tortillas chip instead of frying. Technically it is a healthy dish because it offers a unique balance of all the three macronutrients that may translate to an appropriate range of calories.
RECIPE STORAGE: You can store the recipe for three days by keeping it in an airtight jar or container and placing it in the refrigerator.
- Always use fresh ingredients for the best flavors
- Proper hygiene is important, so clean the equipment and utensils before use
- Do not toast the top pops too much
Looking for More Relevant Articles?
- What To Serve With Enchiladas; 7 Best Sides
- Chili Powder vs. Paprika
- Gluten-Free Brunch
- What Goes Well With Mac and Cheese?
- What Goes With Fajitas?
- Summer Breakfast Ideas- Start Your Day The Right Way!
- What Goes With Fajitas?
- Pampered Chef Spinach Artichoke Dip
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.