Chili lettuce wrap is a delectable dish. It made with ingredients like boneless chicken breast, arrowroot and other irresistible ingredients. Also, you can serve this dish during your road trips, game night, birthdays and dinners.
Moreover, this recipe is healthy for individuals who are health conscious. It’s also very easy to make this.
How about having a lip smacking dish without any feeling of guilt?
Let’s make this recipe!
Chili Lettuce Wrap
- 1 tablespoonful of vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1 teaspoonful of chili oil
- 1/3 cup of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoonful of arrowroot
- 1 teaspoonful of finely ground chili pepper
- 1 teaspoonful of red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup of white vinegar
- 1/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoonful of chives (dried)
- 1 teaspoonful of peanut butter
- 2 teaspoonfuls of sesame seeds
- 1 dry parsley
- 1 teaspoonful of finely minced ginger
- 1/4 teaspoonful of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoonful of brown sugar
- 4 boneless chicken breast fillets
- 4 sliced green onions
- 1/2 chopped carrots
- 1 head butter lettuce
- 1/4 cup of minced water chestnut
- 1/4 cup of shredded almonds
- 1/2 fried bean threads
- 1/8 teaspoonful of red pepper
- To prepare any sauce (sesame-ginger or peanut), get a bowl ready and pour in some water.
- Add in your arrowroot and stir until it dissolves completely. Get your saucepan ready, pour in the water containing your dissolved arrowroot and the other sauce ingredients, especially your chili pepper.
- Simmer for about 6 minutes until the sauce becomes smooth. Set the warm sauce aside.
- To prepare your chicken breast fillet, heat one tablespoonful of vegetable oil in a saucepan.
- Pour in your chopped chicken breast. Cook for some minutes. Turning each side of the chicken after every 3 minutes interval. To test if your chicken breast is adequately cooked. Also, check for firmness by pressing its middle.
- Remove the cooked chicken breast for a few minutes to reduce its heat.
- Return it into the saucepan and add the minced water chestnut. Boil for about a minute.
- Add about five teaspoonfuls of your sauce (peanut or sesame-ginger) to the chicken.
- Heat for some minutes and stir until the sauce forms bubbles.
- Stir the sauce with your sliced green onions.
- Sprinkle a tablespoonful of sliced almonds on your chicken.
- To make your lettuce wrap, get the three leaves of butter lettuce ready.
- Carefully arrange your chopped carrots, cooked chicken breast, and bean threads along with the leavesleaves of the butter lettuce.
- Sprinkle in some chili oil, then wrap up the leaves.
- Your Chili lettuce wrap sandwich is ready. Serve with peanut or sesame-ginger sauce.
Side dishes that go well with Chili lettuce wrap
Not all side dishes go with Chili lettuce wrap. However, I have compiled a list of these interesting recipes.
Asian pickled cucumbers
Asian pickled cucumbers top the list. Firstly, it’s easy to prepare. Secondly, you only need five minutes. To prepare, start by chopping your cucumber and onions to the thinnest slices. Next, shred your shallots, add in your red chili flakes (dried), rice vinegar, and kosher salt to taste. Also, add fresh ginger (grated) and sugar, then stir. Your Asian pickled cucumbers are ready!
To make it easier, you can use the milk bread made from Tangzhong. However, you can also make yours.
Serve with chili’s lettuce wrap for a yummy breakfast.
Chinese egg drop soup
Besides being an excellent match for most sandwiches, the Chinese egg drop soup is a perfect pair for a Chili lettuce wrap.
Chinese egg drop soup is a broth that comprises eggs, green onions, cornstarch, and chicken broth. You can also spice up the soup with condiments like black or white pepper.
Say yes to Chinese egg drop soup!
Chicken-based fried rice
Chicken-based fried rice, also known as “Chinese fried rice“, is a savory rice dish garnished with several dices of chicken. Moreover, the chicken-based fried rice is prepared chiefly in Southeast and Asian cuisines. It is also one of the most widely recognized side dishes for Chili’s lettuce wrap.
This sauce is prepared using just four ingredients; garlic, salt, lemon, and oil. The garlic sauce also has a sharp smell that can arouse your appetite quickly. It is an excellent side dish that goes perfectly with Chili’s lettuce wrap.
Health benefits of lettuce wrap
Lettuce wrap has some beneficial effects on your health. Let’s take a look at some of these benefits!
Lettuce wrap hydrates your body
Your body needs a remarkable amount of water to thrive effectively. However, water is not the only way to hydrate your body. Lettuce wrap can help!
Also, water makes up about 95℅ of raw lettuce, making it an excellent option for hydrating your body.
It enhances vision in dim light
Lettuce is a good source of vitamin A. Moreover, vitamin A produces a proteinous substance known as “Rhodopsin” when consumed. It is this substance that enables you to see in extremely low light conditions known as dim light.
Lettuce helps to shed off some weight
Whether you make your lettuce wrap with romaine or butter lettuce, it is a good option to help you shed some weight.
Lettuce is relatively low in calories. If consumed frequently, it won’t add to your weight, making it easier to regulate your weight.
It improves sleep quality
If taking a good nap is an issue for you, go for a lettuce wrap. All types of lettuce can help improve your sleep.
Lettuce strengthens bone
Lettuce is highly rich in vitamin K – an essential vitamin that is effective in strengthening bone densities.
Nutritional value: Lettuce wrap
- Total fat: 34.91g
- Sodium: 2430.92mg
- Potassium: 532.5mg
- Calcium: 86.3mg
- Iron: 2.4mg
- Cholesterol: 6.15mg
- Total Carbs: 62.4g
- Dietary Fiber: 5.5g
- Sugars: 49.25g
- Protein: 17.96g
- Vitamin A: 0.1mg
- Vitamin C: 4mg
Check out these lettuce and chili recipes. You will love them!
- This Yard House Lettuce Wraps Recipe is all about combining unique flavors for a healthier lifestyle.
- How about spicy and delicious yard house chicken lettuce wraps?
- This chili quinoa wheatberry blend recipe also boasts flavorful and healthy ingredients that leave you feeling satisfied and excited.
- This chili’s spinach dip is a crowd pleaser!
- East to make chili lettuce wrap.
- Also try these simple chili and spinach recipes: chili’s white spinach queso recipe, Stouffer’s spinach souffle recipe
- Check out Tuscan spinach dip and cabbage spinach recipe.