Chili spinach queso dip recipe combines Velveeta cheese, spicy chili, and other Mexican spices to form a perfect queso dip. Also, garnishing this recipe with fresh spinach makes it even more flavorful.
Moreover, you can get even more creative by topping with cilantro leaves.
This recipe gives you enough room for creativity. That explains why I am head over heels with it!
Let’s make this recipe
Chili Spinach Queso Dip
- 2 cups of fresh spinach leaves
- 2 teaspoonfuls of finely ground chili pepper
- 2 tablespoonfuls of flour
- 1/2 tablespoonful of garlic powder
- 2 tablespoonfuls of butter
- 2 cups of Jack cheese
- 8-ounce white American cheese
- 1 tablespoonful of canola oil
- 3/4 cup of whole milk
- Cilantro leaf (optional)
- Guacamole (optional)
- Pico de Gallo salsa (optional)
- Queso fresco crumbles (optional
- Get your oven ready and set to high heat.
- Set your large frying pan aside, leaving it exposed to another heat source. Pour in the canola oil. Fry using medium-high heat.
- Add in your fresh spinach leaves. Cook for about 2 minutes until the leaves are completely dehydrated. Transfer the dry spinach leaves into a small bowl.
- Add butter to the frying pan, pour in your flour, and stir. Cook for about 25 seconds, then pour in the milk slowly.
- Sprinkle in garlic powder and chili powder. Mix well before adding the Jack and American cheese.
- Stir the condiments mixture for about 2 minutes until it becomes thick and forms bubbles. Pour the dry spinach leaves and continue to stir.
- Transfer the partially prepared Chili’s spinach queso dip into the oven and cook with high heat for about 4 minutes until it turns golden brown.
- Top your chili’s spinach queso dip with any of these toppings; Cilantro leaf, Pico gallo salsa, guacamole, or queso fresco crumbles.
Main meals that go with Chili spinach queso dip
Chili’s spinach queso dip is a tasty appetizer. However, if you want your stomach filled to the brim, combine this savory appetizer with a simple main meal.
Here are the top four main meals that go with Chili’s spinach queso dip:
You can make your chili spinach queso dip sumptuous by packaging it with cucumber slices. Firstly, slice your cucumbers into thin sizes. Secondly, spread your chili’s spinach queso dip on one portion of the cucumber. After this, top from the upper or lower region with another cucumber slice. Finally, grab a bite of this delicious meal. Yum!
Triscuit is a tasty appetizer snack made from wholemeal flour. Also, it is one of the main meals that leave your chili’s spinach queso dip with a yummy taste if served together. To use, spread your chili spinach queso dip on your sliced cucumbers, then top with a Triscuit.
3. Hawaiian bread sandwiches
You can also have your chili spinach queso dip with a Hawaiian bread sandwich.
To use, cut the flavourful sandwich into two loaves, then spread your dip on the two loaves. Moreover, you can sprinkle some chili powder to make it spicier.
Croutons are cube pieces of seasoned bread. They are usually fried or dry slices of bread.
To use, use a spoon to throw in cubes of croutons while eating your chili’s spinach queso dip.
Health benefits of spinach dip
Irrespective of whether you spice up your spinach dip or not, spinach dip is beneficial to your health
Let’s take a look at some beneficial effects of spinach dip on your health.
It strengthens your immune system
The primary ingredient in a spinach dip is spinach. Also, spinach is highly rich in Lutein, chlorophyll, beta carotene, and zeaxanthin. Moreover, all these substances work together to boost your immunity, thereby encouraging an effective immune system.
Spinach dip fights bacteria and viruses
Spinach has a significant influence on the skin and mucous membranes. It controls our skin by synthesizing some chemical substances. Also, these substances help to repel any bacteria and viruses that come your way.
It prevents dark circles and wrinkles
Spinach contains vitamin K. Moreover, Vitamin K helps to fight dark circles caused by aging or infections. Also, spinach’s high water content helps to prevent wrinkles.
The high water content of spinach also says no to any form of wrinkles on sight.
Supplies you with adequate energy
Spinach is a rich source of folate. Folate is a nutrient that helps convert ingested food into usable energy. It also contains a remarkable amount of magnesium, which effectively generates an appreciable amount of energy.
It facilitates proper bone development
Spinach dip contains a high amount of Vitamin K. Moreover, vitamin K breaks down to produce Osteocalcin, a protein responsible for stabilizing calcium in bones.
Nutritional value: Chili queso spinach dip
The mouthwatering Chili queso spinach dip comes with many nutritional benefits. Below are some of its nutritional values:
- Calories: 186.75 kcal
- Fat: 14.89 g
- Trans fat: 0.08 g
- Saturated fat: 8.69 g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.64 g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.77 g
- Carbohydrates: 3.60 g
- Fiber: 0.08 g
- Sugar: 0.90 g
- Protein: 9.81 g
- Cholesterol: 38.39 mg
- Potassium: 119.36 mg
- Calcium: 277.80 mg
- Sodium: 322.81 mg
- Iron: 0.39 mg
- Vitamin C: 0.47 mg
- Vitamin A: 74.58 mg
Want to get creative with more chili and spinach recipes? Try your luck with any of these
- This chili quinoa wheatberry blend recipe also boasts flavorful and healthy ingredients that leave you feeling satisfied and excited.
- This chili’s spinach dip is a crowd pleaser!
- East to make chili lettuce wrap.
- Also try these simple chili and spinach recipes: chili’s white spinach queso recipe, Stouffer’s spinach souffle recipe
- Check out Tuscan spinach dip and cabbage spinach recipe.
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.