A family get-together can never go wrong with a perfect blend of fresh spinach, cheese, and milk. This chili white spinach queso recipe is nutritious and pocket-friendly.
Moreover, the perfect blend of cheese and other flavorful ingredients gives way to a perfect mouth-watery dip.
Let’s make this yummy recipe!
Chili White Spinach Queso
- 1 Jalapeno
- 1 can Tomato
- ½ Butter
- 2 cups Fresh spinach
- 1 All-purpose flour
- 12 ounces Cream cheese
- Salt to taste
- ⅔ Milk
- 4 ounces Pepper jack cheese
- Melt your butter in a neat saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the seeded, minced jalapeno and then chopped spinach.
- Sprinkle salt over the mixture in your saucepan. Leave to cook for about 2 to 3 minutes, by this time the spinach should have become wilted.
- Reduce the heat from a medium to a low point, sprinkle the flour over the mixture.
- Toss and allow to coat well.
- Allow the mixture to cook for about 1 minute not excluding the part of stirring continuously.
- Gently add in your milk and constantly whisk until the sauce becomes smooth.
- Gently, remove the mixture from the heat and fold into a cream cheese. When the sauce is smooth, add the pepper jack cheese and continue to stir until it turns silky.
- Add tomatoes and salt seasoning to give it taste.
- Serve white spinach queso with your favourite chips.
What to serve with chili white spinach queso
It is easy to prepare this combination, simply spread the spinach queso over the bread and make it into a sandwich.
Firstly, cut the cucumbers into neat shapes. After this, spread the spinach queso over the cucumbers. Also, serve with any desired topping or juice.
Cucumber and cheese
The combination of cucumber and cheese is a great one and you can have your queso just in between the cucumber. This gives a great feeling of satisfaction to both the taste bud and the stomach.
Triscuit and queso toppings
You can enjoy your Triscuits alone without pairing them. However, topping them with chili spinach queso makes so much sense.
Triscuit and cucumbers
If you are a lover of biscuits then this is a perfect way to enjoy this wonderful appetizer. Top your cucumbers with chili white spinach queso and pair it with Triscuits.
Health benefits of chilis white spinach queso
This chili white spinach queso is a rich source of Vitamin K. Moreover, vitamin K helps in the promotion of a protein type called Osteocalcin. Osteocalcin helps to stabilize calcium in bones. It is also a good source of calcium, Vitamin D, potassium, and magnesium. These nutrients help with the formation of stronger bones.
Fight against bacteria and viruses
Chili white spinach queso recipe contains vitamin A. Vitamin helps the skin and mucous membrane fight against different types of viruses and bacteria. This vitamin also helps with the development of body tissues which includes hair and skin.
Promotes heart health
The dish contains vitamin C which helps to prevent wrinkles. It also protects the eye from various diseases.
Boosts your energy
Chili white spinach contains magnesium which is a good source of energy required for carrying out day to day activities. The dish also contains folate. Moreover, folate helps with the conversion of food into a form of usable energy.
Improves immune system and eyesight
Spinach contains lutein and chlorophyLL. These antioxidants help in improving the immune system and eyesight.
Control of diabetes
The recipe contains antioxidants that help in the lowering of glucose levels. The antioxidants contained in the dish also increase insulin and prevent oxidative stress-induced changes found in diabetic patients.
Prevention of cancer
Spinach contains chlorophyLL. Chlorophyll is a green pigment, present in all green plants
Moreover, a recent study at Oregon State University found that chlorophyll in green vegetables offers protection against cancer.
What can I do when your questo gets too thick?
Once your queso starts to cool, then it may become thick. However, this isn’t something you should bother about because a tablespoon of milk can bring it back to life.
To do this, splash 2 tbsp of milk over the queso. After this, set over low heat and warm.
Nutritional value: Chili white spinach queso
- Total fat: 92g
- Saturated fat: 32g
- Cholesterol: 105 mg
- Sodium is 3170mg
- Total carbohydrate: 126g
- Protein: 40g
Healthy Chili recipes you should try
- This chili quinoa wheatberry blend recipe also boasts flavorful and healthy ingredients that leave you feeling satisfied and excited.
- This chili’s spinach dip is a crowd pleaser!
- East to make chili lettuce wrap.
- Also try these simple chili and spinach recipes: chili’s white spinach queso recipe, Stouffer’s spinach souffle recipe
- Check out Tuscan spinach dip and cabbage spinach recipe.