Spinach dip is a classy recipe and there are different ways to prepare it. However, Chili’s spinach dip is my favorite. Also, it takes just 10 minutes to get it ready!
Moreover, I love to make this recipe each time I am throwing a house party. This spinach dip is a crowd pleaser!
Chili Spinach Dip Recipe
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 cups of baby spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon of canola oil
- ¾ cup of whole milk
- 8 ounces of white American cheese
- 2 cups of jack cheese
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- Guacamole (optional)
- Queso fresco crumbles (optional)
- Set the oven to broil.
- In your kitchen pan, add canola oil and set on medium heat.
- Add spinach gently and allow to cook until wilted, then carefully take it off the pan.
- Add butter into the pan, then add the flour. Stir and allow to cook for about 20 seconds. After this, add milk slowly.
- Add your garlic powder and whisk properly, then go ahead to add cheese.
- Carefully stir the mixture for about 1 or 2 minutes, stir until it becomes thick and bubbly. Then add spinach and stir carefully.
- Leave to broil for 1 to 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Top with salsa, queso and guacamole (optional)
Let’s make this recipe.
Health benefits of chili’s spinach dip
- Spinach contains great antioxidants which helps in the reduction of cellular inflammation. It also helps in strengthening muscles and aids in the pumping of blood to different areas of the body.
- Spinach contains fibre. Foods rich in fibre help you feel full quickly. This also helps to avoid regular eating which will contribute to added weight.
- Spinach is a good source of vitamin A. Vitamin A is necessary for a clear vision. Vitamin A also plays a great role in enhancing immune function.
- Since spinach is rich in calcium. It helps in the production of stronger bones.
Ways to serve chilli’s spinach dip recipe (Appetizers)
A cucumber spinach dip sandwich
Sandwiches can be perfectly served with cucumber, all you need to do is to wash the cucumber properly. After this, peel and cut into small slices. Finally, spread the spinach dip on one slice of cucumber then top it with another one.
Moreover, if you want it spicy, simply sprinkle it with salt and pepper.
Hawaiian bread sandwiches with spinach dip
You can choose to have Hawaiian bread as a perfect blend with spinach dip. Moreover, you can also turn it into a sandwich.
To do this, spread your spinach dip over the bottom layer of the bread, then carefully fold the top layer over it.
Also, this goes perfectly for vegetarians. However, non-vegetarians can add slices of folded ham sandwich meat.
Cucumber and cheese spinach dip sandwiches
After having your cucumber sandwich as explained above, you can also pair it with cheddar cheese.
Triscuit topped with spinach dip and cucumbers
The thought of the Triscuit in itself is fulfilling, talking more of having it with spinach dip and cucumbers. Simply use Triscuit as a topping to the sandwich dip. Finally, add cucumbers and you have a great appetizer.
What to make with chili’s spinach dip leftovers
One other thing I love about spinach dip is the fact that it can be recreated. Also, you can use the leftovers to make other healthy meals. Try any of these fun recipes:
Healthy Chili recipes you should try
- This chili quinoa wheatberry blend recipe also boasts flavorful and healthy ingredients that leave you feeling satisfied and excited.
- This chili’s spinach dip is a crowd pleaser!
- East to make chili lettuce wrap.
- Also try these simple chili and spinach recipes: chili’s white spinach queso recipe, Stouffer’s spinach souffle recipe
- Check out Tuscan spinach dip and cabbage spinach recipe.
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.