Chocolate almond braid is a delicious pastry. It is made from a rich bar of chocolate garnished with almond paste. Also, you can make your breakfasts or picnics more lovable and exciting by going for this fantastic snack.
Whether you consume your almond braid for dessert or breakfast, you’re going to feel its delectable taste. From being crunchy to being soft and fluffy, this almond braid recipe is going to drive you crazy😍!
Let’s make this recipe!
Chocolate Almond Braid Recipe
Almond paste filling
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 7 oz almond paste
- 1 egg
- 1 pack of frozen fluffy pastry (melted)
- Hazelnut bars
- Two 3.5 oz Ghirardelli Intense Dark
- 1 medium-sized egg
- 2 tbs whole milk
- 1 3/4 cup confectioner sugar
- 1/2 cup sliced, toasted almonds
- 1/2 teaspoonful almond extract
- Get your food processor ready. Pour in the almond paste, sugar, and butter. Leave for some minutes until the food processor has carefully chopped and mixed the condiments.
- Add flour and one egg; process the flour and the mixed ingredients until the texture becomes smooth. Unfold the pastry sheets (processed flour or puff pastry) on a lined parchment baking sheet.
- Down the center third of one pastry sheet, spread in some of your almond filling mixtures.
- Place the chocolate bar (hazelnut bar and other condiments) at the middle point and cut out the diagonal lines along the right and left sides of the bar. Remove the leftover pieces.
- Right from the top, fold down the pastry sheet. Alternate left and right sheets until it reaches the bottom.
- Complete the alternating left and right by folding out the bottom sheet. Tuck in any extra pastry sheet. Seal the sheet by trimming and pinching with your hands.
- Repeat the entire process with the remaining filling and pastry.
- Make an egg wash with the remaining egg and brush it on your pastry sheet. Sprinkle in some toasted almond slices.
- Bake at 415°F for about 30 minutes until it turns golden brown.
- Transfer baked pastries to a wire rack.
- Mix the confectioner's sugar, almond extract, and milk. Pour slowly round the braids (alternating pastry sheets). Sprinkle in some additional crushed almonds.
- Cut into fresh slices and serve. Enjoy your yummy chocolate almond braid!
What to serve with chocolate almond braid
Let’s take a look at these five delectable pairings for chocolate almond braid:
Peach cobbler is a fruit-based dessert. Also, it contains several tasty dumplings, biscuits, and batter. If you’re craving a perfect pairing for your almond braid, the peach cobbler will do wonders. Moreover, its rich taste will complement your dessert’s sweet taste.
Try Raspberry ice cream!
Perhaps you desire a creamy, flavored pairing for your almond braid? Then wager on raspberry ice cream?
Raspberry ice cream has a smooth flavor. Also, it is creamy, making it a perfect blend for your chocolate almond braids.
Moreover, if you don’t want to order your raspberry ice cream, you can easily make it home with just five ingredients. These ingredients are raspberries, milk, vanilla extract, sugar, and heavy cream.
White chocolate usually comes in pale ivory color. Also, it is prepared from these primary ingredients; vanilla, cocoa butter, sugar, and milk solids.
Moreover, white chocolate’s creamy taste and crispy nature make it ideal for your almond braid.
A flavored strawberry shortcake is unique and flavorful. Besides being a sweet flavor, strawberry shortcake pairs perfectly with almond shortcakes.
Chocolate mousse is prepared by mixing whipped creams, chocolate powders, and coffee. It also contains vanilla, caramel, whipped egg whites, and, at times, you can include mint.
Try pairing your chocolate almond braid with chocolate mousse, and thank me later!
Health benefits of chocolate almond braid
Some of the health benefits of chocolate almond braid include:
Prevention of type 2 diabetes
Chocolate braid is highly rich in chocolates, usually dark chocolates. According to research, dark chocolates prevent type 2 diabetes.
Lowers high blood pressure
Chocolate is made from cocoa. Moreover, cocoa is an effective substance that can help reduce one’s high blood pressure.
Hence, the higher the amount of chocolate you lavish on your almond braid, the higher the cocoa content.
Reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases
Dark chocolate is used in making chocolate almond braid. Moreover, dark chocolates are high in flavonol. The presence of flavonol in the body enhances cardiovascular health
It improves blood flow to the brain
Consuming chocolate almond braid increases your body’s chocolate content. Chocolate almond braids contain dark chocolate. Moreover, cocoa beans are a key ingredient in dark chocolate.
Furthermore, cocoa beans’ high flavanol content gives room for improved blood flow to the brain.
Chocolate braid is a nutritious pastry because of its high content. Here is a breakdown of it’s nutritional value.
- Total fat: 31 g
- Trans fat regulation: 0.1 g
- Saturated fat: 19 g
- Potassium: 559 mg
- Sodium: 24 mg
- Cholesterol: 8 mg
- Total carbs: 61 g
- Sugars: 48 g
- Dietary Fiber: 7 g
- Caffeine: 43 mg
- Protein: 4.9 g
Healthy and delicious almond recipes you should try
- If you like to keep it simple, then try this Almond Milk Flan
- Looking for something quick and easy, check out this Raspberry Almond Tart Recipe
- If you love to experiment, then this Almond Bailey is your go-to.
- Are you on a diet and looking for something fresh and lightweight? This low-carb Almond Hummus has got your back.
- Check out these amazing recipes that won’t disappoint you: Almond Buns, Almond Biscotti and Almond Crunch
- This burnt almond cake, cannabis peanut butter recipe, and almond milk recipe will satisfy your craving