Craving for something delicious and nutritious. The temptation of Chocolate Almond Croissant Recipe takes you out of this world. This irresistible combination of chocolate with almonds is a delight for everybody.
Chocolate Almond Croissant Recipe
- ½ can Almond Paste.
- 4 oz Chopped Dark Chocolate for baking purposes.
- ¼ cup Heavy Whipping Cream.
- 1 pc Egg (slightly beaten).
- 1 tbsp Lukewarm Water.
- ¼ cup Sliced Almonds.
- 1 tbsp Light brown powdered sugar.
- The key step in baking is preheating—Preheat the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare the baking pan and line it with the baking sheet. Slightly brush the sheet with oil and put it aside.
- To prepare the inner mixture, take almond paste and whipping cream in a bowl. Mix both with an electric beater. Please keep it on medium speed and beat the mixture until it is smooth and fluffy. Pour in the cream and almond paste gradually. Don't incorporate the whole cream and paste at the same time.
- After mixing the almond paste with cream, now add the chopped dark chocolate to the mixture.
- For preparing croissants, separate the dough and cut it into eight triangles. Now it's time to spread the almond chocolate mixture onto the dough. Spread it finely and evenly on the broader of the triangle.
- Now roll the dough around the mixture, starting from wider side to narrower.Slightly curve the ends so that they don't open in the oven.
- Place the rolls on the greased sheet while the ends are facing downwards.
- Take a bowl and prepare a mixture of water and egg to brush the roll. Sprinkle some almonds onto the top. You can also pour the chocolate syrup if you like some extra deliciousness.
- Place the baking pan in the oven and let it bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until the rolls are golden brown.
- Dust the powdered sugar on the baked croissants. Relish.
Health Benefits of Chocolate
Chocolate can change your mood in no time. It is one of the most loved sweets in the world. Although chocolates are notorious for fats, a little bit of chocolate never hurts. Hence, it is recommended to take it in proportions, while maintaining calorie counts.
The right amount of chocolate intake lowers LDL (low-density lipoprotein), known as bad cholesterol. Chocolate has Plant Sterols (PS) and Cocoa Flavanols (CF), which improve cardiovascular health by reducing LDL and maintaining blood pressure.
Chocolate also helps to improve cognitive functioning by enhancing the blood flow to the upper parts of your body, including the brain.
Health Benefits of Almonds
Almonds contain Vitamin E which is an antioxidant. These Vitamins also play a vital role in reducing blood cholesterol from depositing into blood arteries.
A recent study suggests that almonds reduce the risk of cancer. Females consuming almonds are at a lower risk of breast cancer than otherwise.
Calorie Count of Chocolate Almond Croissant
Chocolate croissants have 296 calories, 9 grams of fat, 28g of carbohydrates, and 6g of proteins per serving. You can use substitutes such as stevia (plant-based sugar) in place of sugar, which further lowers the calories count.
Why do you need to make Chocolate Almond Croissant?
The combination of chocolate and almonds is a true delight for chocolate lovers. Croissant can be taken at breakfast, or you can have it as a snack at teatime. It is always a great deal to have this delicious food with your meal.
Here are some of the nutritional that this recipe provides per serving;
- Calories: 296.1 calories
- Carbohydrates: 28.2 g
- Fat: 19.0 g
- Cholesterol: 37 g
- Insoluble fiber: 2.0 g
- Protein: 6.2 g
- Vitamin: 145.7 IU
- Sodium: 26 mg
- Calcium: 40.3 mg
- Iron: 1.3 mg
Now that we know how almonds can benefit our health, imagine what if we knew more sweet recipes that could add sweetness as well as healthiness to our lives. Here are some recommended recipes for you
- Almond Croissant Puff Pastry Recipe is a must try for you, if you are a fan of crunchy croissants.
- Add more crunch to your croissants with Vanilla Almond Granola Recipe.
- Add more flavor to you tea times and delight your guests with amazing Cherry Almond Biscotti Recipe and Almond Crisps Cookie Recipe.
- Cheesecake Almond Cone is another sweet treat.
- Speaking of sweet treats, how can one forget about ice cream, custard and cakes, here is Vanilla Swiss Almond Ice Cream Recipe, Almond Tea Cake Recipe, Almond Custard Recipe that completes your desserts checklist.
Give Chocolate Almond Croissant a try and let us know of your experience.
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.